I love my HRM!

Options
So, I gave in and bought a heart rate monitor today. The Mio was still on sale for $39.99 from $99.99 at Big 5 Sporting Goods! I tested it out already...entered my info, read all the instructions and completed the set up...then, I took the puppy for a 15 minute walk around our apt complex. I live in WA so lots of hills. Anyways, I burned 173 calories just doing that. I usually don't consider walking the puppy much exercise. And when I do walk her, I sometimes take her to a flat area, because the hills can be so exhausting. I now value the 15 minutes of walking the pup around the complex(and the hills) I LOVE my new HRM!

Replies

• happenstance82
    Options
    So, I gave in and bought a heart rate monitor today. The Mio was still on sale for $39.99 from $99.99 at Big 5 Sporting Goods! I tested it out already...entered my info, read all the instructions and completed the set up...then, I took the puppy for a 15 minute walk around our apt complex. I live in WA so lots of hills. Anyways, I burned 173 calories just doing that. I usually don't consider walking the puppy much exercise. And when I do walk her, I sometimes take her to a flat area, because the hills can be so exhausting. I now value the 15 minutes of walking the pup around the complex(and the hills) I LOVE my new HRM!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Me too! It gives you just a little extra motivation when you are working out! Have fun with it!:smile:
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that one. Does it have a chest strap? The first one I bought didn't and it was showing almost TWICE the calorie burn than the one with the strap ( I traded the first one and got the Polar F6)....... I was trying to eat my exercise calories - thank goodness I didn't keep the first one very long.............. 800 calories vs. really 450 calories was a huge difference........
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!

I am dying to get mine now!!!
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that one. Does it have a chest strap? The first one I bought didn't and it was showing almost TWICE the calorie burn than the one with the strap ( I traded the first one and got the Polar F6)....... I was trying to eat my exercise calories - thank goodness I didn't keep the first one very long.............. 800 calories vs. really 450 calories was a huge difference........

I've heard great things about the Polar F6. Some Polars were on sale too today, but I was trying to avoid the chest strap. THANKS for the heads up about the trouble you had with your first HRM...I will test my Mio against some of the tools at the gym, so I don't run into that same problem.
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had a Mio and sent it back after a month. Hopefully mine was just defective. It would take FOREVER to get a HR reading and by the time it took it, it was MUCH lower than when I wanted it to read. Best of luck with yours!!