Options
toliver775
toliver775 Posts: 23 Member
What the best vegs to roast what to do something different thanks

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Anything! Roasted veggies are yummy. Ive done carrots, asparagus, cabbage, beets, sprouts, green beans and mushrooms, off the top if my head.
  • LizComeBack086
    LizComeBack086 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    peppers, onions, man any lol just pick and explore:)
  • toliver775
    Options
    Thank you so much that a great help
  • toliver775
    Options
    Thank you
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower or broccoli are delicious. I had only ever had them raw (which I don't like) or steamed/boiled/stirfried, which are fine. But roasting them made so much difference!
  • toliver775
    Options
    Thank you I'm like you I don't like them them that why I thought about roast but didn't really know what would work well
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Actually, I should add Brussels sprouts to the list. I hate them boiled but can't get enough of them roasted.

I make a really tasty soup by roasting Onions, tomatoes, Garlic and any other veg I have in the house (squash, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, sprouts, parsnips, zucchini, whatever!). I put the roasted onions, tomatoes and garlic into the food processor to make a puree and mix it with chicken or veggie stock, then toss everything into a pot with some hearty greens like kale or collard greens (and sometimes sausage or chicken or beef chunks). Cook it till the greens are tender. It's a filling, super flavourful soup. Roasting the vegetables gives them that yummy, caramelized flavour that I love. I tend to use it to clear out the refrigerator the night before I go shopping.
  • toliver775
    Options
    Thank you that is so helpful I'm going to try that sounds lovely