1 YEAR. 75LBS. Size 20 to size 8. PICTURES!

Options
mmjclark04
mmjclark04 Posts: 54 Member
I'm so excited to finally be able to post in here. I've read so many posts...and so many of them kept me going! Now its my turn to hopefully encourage someone else! IT IS POSSIBLE...YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I am 33 years old. I've been heavy my entire life (heaviest was around 245). I have 4 children. I am 5'4. I was a size 20 and now I am a size 8. I used no products at all. My success has been from calorie counting and exercise alone. If you have any questions just ask! My diary is open to friends but please be aware...I'm not very consistent with logging right now. What is logged is very accurate...but lately I have missed logging a bit...however...I'm still keeping track...just not always on MFP.

365 Days. Today marks 1 year from the day I chose to change my lifestyle. I remember thinking that it was going to take forever. I remember doubting I could do it. I remember close friends asking me if I really thought I would stick with it. But every week the scale dropped. Every week my body changed. Every week I got stronger. Every week...I kept going. It is hard work. It's hard mentally, it's hard physically, and it's hard emotionally. It's hard to push the plate away. It's hard to order healthy when there are so many greasy, cheesy, doughy, sugary temptations. It's hard to train. It's hard to run. It's all hard...but it's all so good. I'm still the same woman I was 365 days ago. I'm still a precious daughter of the one true King who was beaten for me, who died for me, and is coming back for me one day. I'm still the wife of an amazing husband who has been by my side every hard step of the way encouraging and supporting me. I'm still the momma of 4 great kids who are learning how to be healthier along with me, and I'm still the friend I was who prays earnestly and loves hard. But I'm so much healthier and stronger. I'm a better version of that woman. I've lost 75lbs by counting calories and exercising. I'm proud of that but I've gained so much more. I went from not being able to run half a mile to completing a half marathon with someone I put on the back burner and left for dead but who stood by me even in my most selfish moments and reeled me back in when she knew I needed it , I've gained a love for fitness, I've gained more confidence, I have more energy, I've done things I never thought I would be able to do.... and I'm not finished. I've gained friendships with many wonderful people who have motivated me to do more simply by doing more themselves. I remember being so afraid of my first fitness class..."but those women are so much more fit than me"...and they are but those women are so encouraging and supportive. I've gained a training buddy who pushes me to be better each week ...and we have a trainer who has helped us reach new heights and taught us to suck it up because its earned not given. I've learned a lot about food and fitness the last 365 days. I've learned a lot about how strong I am. And I'm so thankful that I didn't quit. I have bad days...everyone does but even the bad days make me stronger. Fit is not a goal...it's a lifestyle and one that I'm so glad I chose.

Pictures are marked in hopes of no one copying them to use for personal gain.

0rnyfs688w3l.png

h048e7u63lvq.jpg

chrcipxtymhk.jpg

d74bvkjaq5zy.png

z91q1tttm6bv.jpg

Replies

• tamera_g
    tamera_g Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's very inspiring. I am just getting started on my journey. Any tips on how to eat the correct portions and not overeat?
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! <3
  • MelanieShannahan
    MelanieShannahan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great! YOu are such an inspiration.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Sounds like u I and I have a lot in common. I started in March 2016... A year later I'm down from 250lbs (size 24) to 165lbs (size 14). I also have 4 children.
    I am really struggling with the belly fat at this point. My last baby was a C-section and I swear all the fat just hangs in that area!
    What core exercises have you found that works? I do about 50 sit ups a day... To the point that I'm not even sore from them anymore​. I just can't seem to get the hang of planks.. my form is always wrong and I end up so sore the next day I can't function ( not just my core but all over because of bad form). I'd I can get this belly under control I will be so happy lol.. I have 15 more lbs to go b4 I reach my goal​ weight.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    mmjclark04 wrote: »
    I treat calories like money. When its gone...its gone. So every bite becomes very expensive and it MUST be worth it for me to pay for it!

I say this as well :)
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow !!!!!
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    you look terrific, congrats
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and I love your perspective!
  • Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational ! I say Amen & Congrats!
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job and super inspiring! Also, look at those arms!! What kind of exercise routine were you on?
  • hondurasqueen
    hondurasqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job, I am so inspired by you.

Blessings.
  • deetucker70
    deetucker70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are a Rock Star
  • mmjclark04
    Options
    Fantastic job and super inspiring! Also, look at those arms!! What kind of exercise routine were you on?

I did Jillian Michaels for the first few months and then switched to boot camp type and HIIT classes at the YMCA. I've also had a personal trainer twice a week for the past 4 months.

Thank you to everyone!!!
  • mmjclark04
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Sounds like u I and I have a lot in common. I started in March 2016... A year later I'm down from 250lbs (size 24) to 165lbs (size 14). I also have 4 children.
    I am really struggling with the belly fat at this point. My last baby was a C-section and I swear all the fat just hangs in that area!
    What core exercises have you found that works? I do about 50 sit ups a day... To the point that I'm not even sore from them anymore​. I just can't seem to get the hang of planks.. my form is always wrong and I end up so sore the next day I can't function ( not just my core but all over because of bad form). I'd I can get this belly under control I will be so happy lol.. I have 15 more lbs to go b4 I reach my goal​ weight.

I actually do a lot of plank exercises :( I also do a lot of situps and crunches BUT unfortunately my mid section will forever be saggy I'm afraid. That's what I'm hoping to work on now. But the skin and fat still hang out there. All of the core work in the world will not target that fat though because fat gets eliminated by a calorie deficit and it comes off where it chooses...and mine never chooses to come off from there LOL. I'm still trying though...maybe one day I'll be able to see all the muscle I have under that fat and loose skin LOL!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! All of your hard work has totally paid off!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! You worked hard!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Way to go & God bless, sister!!! :)
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Congrats love your story just what I needed. PTL! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!