At My Halfway Point

Options
atacticalbeard
atacticalbeard Posts: 25 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
Hi Everyone,

So I just want to start out by saying I have never posted something like this in a forum. Just a little background about myself would be im 5'11", I'm in my late 20's, smoked for about 10 years, and at my heaviest point weighed 275lbs. I never worried about what I ate or drank and I definently never exercised. My journey to a healthier life started July 2016 when my wife and I quite smoking. This really was the catalyst for us to make a lifestyle change on our overall health. After two months of being smoke free we made the decision to take on a new challenge which was eating health. So we both downloaded MyFitnessPal and began to track our calories and macros. I have to say it was really eye opening to see exactly how much I was eating. So over the next 5 months I really stuck to the apps suggestions with nutrient intake and started to walk 6-8 miles a day. In the beginning this was very tough especially cutting calories. However, one of the easiest ways for me to start was to stop drinking anything that had calories or sugar. So again I did this over months and now I'm more than halfway to my goal 217lbs. I have to say I don't know if I would have been able to do this if it wasn't for the motivation of my wife, myfitnesspal, and my Fitbit. I have attached a photo of before and where I'm at now for reference. For anyone that thinks "I can't do it" think again. If I could do it anyone should be able to.o0h4okk90nr4.jpg

Replies

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • atacticalbeard
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Good job!

Thanks I really appreciate it!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Nice work! keep going!!! don't get complacent! reach the goal and set a new one. trust me, the comes back far quicker and easier than it goes off!
  • roxvidican
    roxvidican Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Your results are very inspiring! I'm in this together my husband too. We couldn't have done it without one another, so seeing other couples deciding to live healthier is really inspiring! :smiley: Awesome results! :wink:
  • atacticalbeard
    Options
    roxvidican wrote: »
    Great job!!! Your results are very inspiring! I'm in this together my husband too. We couldn't have done it without one another, so seeing other couples deciding to live healthier is really inspiring! :smiley: Awesome results! :wink:

Thanks it is nice hearing about other couples doing the same!

• fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on seeing all your hard work pay off!

My favourite part of this post is that you used Boba Fett as your point of reference for size comparison. B)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    amazing job wtg :smiley:
  • atacticalbeard
    Options
    amazing job wtg :smiley:

Thanks!
  • atacticalbeard
    Options

Congratulations on seeing all your hard work pay off!

My favourite part of this post is that you used Boba Fett as your point of reference for size comparison. B)

Haha thanks! I couldn't help but drop a Boba Fett pic comparison.
  • atacticalbeard
    Options
    roxvidican wrote: »

Thanks!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, congrats! Now I am super curious about your wife's journey! :lol:
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    It's always nice to have a supportive significant other! You look amazing -- great job!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's awesome work & success!! Thanks for sharing-very inspiring :)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great job! You got smaller and Boba Fett got bigger :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!