Last 5 kg to loose

Options
Hello,

I've been on MFP for a while now, but only got serious with my slimming a month ago. I want to go back to what I looked like five years ago and to be there I need to loose 5kg. I know I can do it, but when the scales won't budge, it's good to have motivation from other people who are going through similar things like me.

I managed to loose 7kg in over a year (very slow, I know) through yoga and gym 3 times a week plus conscious eating. I have a terrible sweet tooth, so when I hit the dreaded plateau and the scales were stuck for months I decided to give Anna Richardson's Body Blitz book a go and cut out all sugar, wheat, most dairy and carbs (carbs after 6pm only). However, instead of promised 7lb I had to do with 600g after two weeks of strict following. I have my sister's wedding on the 20th Aug where I am the Maid of Honour, so to loose more until then would be such a bonus (aiming at 2-3kg in these 4 weeks). So I am still not eating wheat, carbs after 6pm and dairy, but introducing a bit of sweet treats into my diet, so I don't feel like it is banned. I hope this helps, plus I do yoga twice a week and a hour's gym session, plus walk my dog for min 30min on days when I don't go to gym. Fitting in more exercise would be very challenging as I struggle to find time for what I mentioned already.

My cal intake is 1200 plus exercise cals that I make sure I eat. My height is 173 cm and I now weight 63.9kg. I know my BMI is fine, but I just want to feel leaner and lighter. I also know that it is much harder to loose weight when you are of healthy BMI... I read the forums on plateaus and 'stuck stages', but nothing there can help me. From what I said above, it seems to me I do everything right to loose these stubborn 5kg without going overboard, but my scales don't agree with that. I hope you healthy eating pros on MFP will know what I am not doing right, can someone help?

Excuse my random rant, but I tried to fit the story into as little text as possible, please have a look at my diary or ask me if you need to know more.

Thanks for your time, you are all very inspirational!

Replies

• gatt2000
    gatt2000 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am also trying to loose those last few pounds. The scale just seems to bounce back and forth between the 175 and 170 range. I can relate to you!!
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Me too... I think I only want to lose another 5kgs, yet that 5 seem to be the hardest to get rid of!!

Good luck, hopefully we can inspire each other to keep going, keep moving and hopefully lose the last 5 together :smile:
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Out of curiosity, does the diet youre following recommend 1200cals or are you supposed to eat an abundance of the foods you are allowed. ( Presumeabley clean foods since wheat,dairy etc are ruled out, and most processed foods contain wheat in some form)

Im just curius as to whether you would lose weight by varying your diet more, and sticking to 1200 cals, or else eating more of the foods youre actually allowed and scrapping the 1200 cals.
  • auryted
    auryted Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you, ladies!

The book I am following doesn't recommend a cal intake: it just says to be sensible with portions, eat 3 times a day and have two healthy snacks plus lots of 0 cal liquids. So you are right there - I do 1200 cals just so I increase my chances to loose more... I am aware of this dreaded 'starvation mode', but I never end up having less than 1200 cals a day because I exercise and eat these 'earned' cals too. I would be worried to scrap 1200 cals because I put on weight so easily, I seriously don't know anyone who has to watch it as much as I do haha!

Even before the diet I was avoiding processed food: I plan meals in advance, pack lunches, cook at home, very rarely eat outside, don't eat diet foods, look out for sweeteners and wheat in ingredients and try to eat raw food as much as possible. I don't tend to follow diets as I thought being a healthy BMI would mean all I have to do is eat no junk and sugar, but it's not that simple for me! I chose to follow this because it's not hard for me to cut out these foods: I don't miss bread, pasta etc anyway.

Did eating healthy foods 'in abundance' help you loose? Your goals are similar to mine... Is your weight steadily going down?
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would be worried to scrap 1200 cals because I put on weight so easily, I seriously don't know anyone who has to watch it as much as I do haha!

I only have to LOOK at food and I gain those Calories haha! I feel your pain! :wink:
  • auryted
    auryted Posts: 9
    Options
    haha, so I'm not alone like that after all!
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    Some say motivation doesn't last...well neither does bathing, that's why its recommended daily.
    Good luck in your weight loss journey! Here's hoping that MFP is the perfect little spot of motivation for you!