24lbs and counting.....

kdc9revrlnsh.jpg
zvbgtrwf5psh.jpg

So the first picture is the one that started the journey - September 2015, 12 stone and a UK size 14/16. The second is tonight after a cardio/lifting session - 10 stone and a size 10/12 and around 8 inches lost. I was an active teen, a competative gymnast and athlete, but suffered a serious knee injury and the weight slowly went on. In the first pic I am holding my neice, but a friend thought it was me after the birth of my daughter - my daughter was 4 at the time. I joined Slimming World the next day.

Major knee surgery followed in Jan 2016 and I couldn't do any exercise until July. I started slowly - aqua aerobics and pilates before tentaively joining the gym in November. Again, things were slow - walking, cycling and no leg weights once a week. Slowly I built up to 3 times a week and incorporated the rower and some light weights. Now I'm up to 3 times a week at the gym, hill walking, rower and elliptical, squats, deadlifts and weighted lunges. Plus, I've discovered a love for Body Combat and do 2 classes a week.

I'm no longer on SW and joined MFP 3 weeks ago - 3lbs off since then and around 10 to go!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!