NSV: Broke my 3 week plateau

Options
glampixxie
glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
Okay, I guess this really is a Scale Victory. My bad xD

Finally! I got so tired of seeing the scale dance around 216, occasionally dipping down to 213 only to keep hovering up at that dreaded 216. After a week of mixing up my workouts (taking more rest days and biking instead of circuit training), and had a day or two where I actually went slightly over my calorie allowance..I'm finally down to 211 this morning!
And I did it during my birthday, which is even awesome-er!!

Good riddance, 216 (and 213)! You won't be missed one bit! :D

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    That was me and 204. I saw that number for 6 weeks in a row. It was so frustrating. I've grown to hate the number 204. Great job busting through the plateau. Mine also was upping my calories and tweaking my nutrients a bit. Go figure...eat a bit more, and the weight will come off.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :D
  • asmith0301
    asmith0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • auryted
    auryted Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow, well done! I am stuck too and dreading to up my intake, but posts like yours are starting to convince me. Good job!
  • Ptarmigan74
    Options
    Congratulations, but isn't this more of a Scale Victory than a Non-Scale Victory?
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, but isn't this more of a Scale Victory than a Non-Scale Victory?

Oh yeah! XD I guess you're right! haha
  • Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    Congrats!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    Happy Birthday!!
  • bakingbit
    bakingbit Posts: 3
    Options
    Awesome job! I read recently that Jillian Michaels recommends taking a break and eating more in order to jumpstart your metabolism again. I just did the same thing. I skipped the exercise for the past week, ate more regularly and somehow lost 2.2 pounds in the process. Thank you, Jillian!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are so infuriating... Congrats on your V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!