Gaining

Options
Its hard for me to gain weight but using this app has helped me alot in how much I should be gaining weekly to add to my weight ..but on the contrary to that this app has gave me a goal of eating to gain1.0lbs in a week however in 5 days I've gained 3.1lbs imagine how much ill be gaining in months :)B)

Replies

• caseyjames33
    caseyjames33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the gain. Just keep in mind that muscle gain takes time. The lbs your gaining quickly might not be the ones you want
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's likely water weight from the calorie increase
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It is not unusual to see increases in weight quickly when you first start eating more. You have more food in your GI system, increases in sodium and more glycogen/water storage (especially if you eat more carbs). The bigger thing is tracking progress over time (~4 weeks) to see the rate at which you gain. Having said that, outside of weight gain, do you have goals. If you aren't lifting, you may want to consider getting on a progressive overload lifting program so you can try and build some muscle, which will keep you leaner and prevent some fat gains. Also, don't get too aggressive with your weight gain as it will quickly be fat... and probably in your stomach region. And most importantly, what are you looking for in a body long term; too often are short term goals interfering with long term success, causing a person to reverse the damage they did upfront. So i would highly encourage you to workout what you want long term in a body and develop a plan to support that.