Walking in place?

Options
Hey everybody! I didn't have time to hit the gym this morning before work, so instead I'm basically walking/marching at my desk. I've been doing this for a couple hours so far, and will probably do it for another two or three, unless I fall over first! My question is, what's the best way to log this? Initially I logged it as walking slowly (2 mph), but I'm not sure how accurate that is! I'm doing about 120-130 steps per minute. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sorry don't know the answer but had to post to say wow well done you that's real commitment to get your workout in!!!
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    I jog in place each day and there is an actual log in for running/jogging in place:-)
  • katesbeach
    katesbeach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! The jogging in place option seems like a good idea! I figure whatever it is, doing it from like 10AM to 3PM will burn plenty!
  • mamamia29
    mamamia29 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good idea! Go you!!
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    It will definitely burn plenty!! I can't always get out to the park for the running/walking paths so I just bought a pedometer and I make sure that I log in 15,000 steps a day, which equals about 7 miles of walking. Once every hour or so I jog in place for at least 15 minutes to rev up the metabolism. It's been working nicely! Good luck! You're doing great:-)
  • katesbeach
    Options
    Thanks again! You're doing great too! I'm not jogging, but my goal is to just keep moving until I can't anymore! I'm working a double today, so I'm planning to take a real walk during my break.
  • katesbeach
    Options
    Thanks again! You're doing great too! I'm not jogging, but my goal is to just keep moving until I can't anymore! I'm working a double today, so I'm planning to take a real walk during my break.