A new beginning

Options
Erica45011
Erica45011 Posts: 11 Member
Since I'm at the beginning of my journey, a fellow user said don't starve myself eat lots of healthy food. If not your body reacts as if it's in survival mode and stores the fat already existing. So, I've went with the goals given by the app. I've been under that goal every day and I've eaten nothing but healthy food. I usually have Chobani yogurt for breakfast with Nourish Granola & Quinoa and 16.9 oz of water. Then just before lunch around 11:00 I'll have a banana, or Apple. Then for lunch I have a Prima Della low fat turkey sandwich on wheat with lettuce and a tbsp of mustard. Watermelon and strawberries and cantaloupe all fresh. Just a small container, a small amount of oven baked, flavored lays with another 16.9 oz of.water. I usually don't have anything else to snack on and I wait until I'm home and dinner had always been oven baked chicken with steamed veghies, or a salad with wheat spaghetti, lean low fat hamburger and sauce with mushrooms. I feel like I'm eating too much? I am full. It's amazing how I feel and still eating this much food. But, again I'm at the beginning of my journey. I always have calories left, I'm working on getting my steps in but it is tough having an office job but I'm constantly going up.and down the steps. But I'm rambling... Should I eat like this the next few weeks then re-adjust my calorie intake and fat? Because I wanted to just take it slow in the beginning then work towards a smaller goal each week. Any advice on what else I should do? Or if I am doing this correctly?

Replies

• Erica45011
    Options
    I normally lived with a Pepsi or mountain dew for breakfast, fast food for lunch and fast food for dinner or I would cook whatever southern recipes Mommy passed down. Like Meagloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans or corn and cornbread, and pop, pop, pop! I feel like I'm doing an amazing job seeing as I haven't had a single soda/pop in 10 DAYS!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Get a food scale if you can and start weighing stuff, it is usually more accurate that way. Stick to your calorie goal and you should see results. It looks like you are getting in plenty of fruits and veggies which is great. Its ok to eat "non diet" food if it fits in your calories. Dont limit youself to grilled chicken all the time if you start getting bored.
  • LizComeBack086
    LizComeBack086 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think your doing great...if you get bored just switch things up here and there and as long as your in your calorie goal your fine:) I move alot in place with my desk job or i take the long way to the bathroom, keep up what your doing and you will see results :)
  • Erica45011
    Options
    Thank You!