Running?

Options
I'm a runner and learning a lot about how to still work on some weight loss/maintenance goals while I get SO HUNGRY. Trying to see what works for others and learn a lot :):):)

Replies

• Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! One thing that helps me deal with the "run-ger" is eating a lot of fresh veggies and fruits. Making sure to get lean protein (for muscle repair) and healthy fats will help keep you full, too. A typical lunch for me is a spinach salad with 4 oz. chicken, 1/4 an avocado, a handful of blueberries, and a few sliced almonds. A whole grain such as brown rice or quinoa makes a great, filling side dish.
    I'm not a nutritionist, obviously, but eating nutritious, whole foods is one of the things that has helped me.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I normally run before a meal. Most of the time it's before dinner, sometimes before breakfast. I'm always hungry after
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I had to eventually put my calories from 1500 to 1700 to allow myself some more calories. I have to make sure to get the proper amount of protein to help combat Runger. I try to keep easy snacks on hand for after a run as I'm usually famished, such as hard boiled eggs, roasted chick peas, home made energy bites, bananas. I usually eat at maintenance the day after a long run. You will eventually find your good balance! And of course YAY....you're running!!!!