Minor surgery to repair an embelical hernia

Options

Hello,

I'm going to have minor surgery to repair an embelical hernia I suffered at work a few weeks ago...

The Dr has placed me on light duty... Nothing heavier than 10lbs basically...

Has anyone out there had this procedure?
How long was your recovery process?
How long until you could lift like before again?
Did you lose gainz well recovering?
How long did the pain last?

Any questions you can answer, or advice you may have is appreciated...

Specifically looking to hear from lifters and runners

Thanks,

Jesse <3

Replies

• New_determination
    New_determination Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    6-7 weeks is roughly full heal time for most things but definitely consult ur doctor who will give a lot more insight
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    6-7 weeks is roughly full heal time for most things but definitely consult ur doctor who will give a lot more insight

Thanks, I've done that and I appreciate your comment
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For me, I was fully healed on the outside in rougly 2 months, but we didn't do mesh, because I'm young with strong abs. So healing time was way longer for the inside. I was released back into lifting after 6 months, but nothing heavy. Low weight, high rep, with a midsection brace :( I tried lifting heavy 8 months out, and I started getting sharp pains in my belly button/surgery site, so my doc advised me to back off heavy lifting.

Just be careful getting back into it. Just because you're healed on the outside might not mean you're healed on the inside. Listen to your body. Good luck with your surgery & happy healing!
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm going to have minor surgery to repair an embelical hernia I suffered at work a few weeks ago...

The Dr has placed me on light duty... Nothing heavier than 10lbs basically...

Has anyone out there had this procedure?
    How long was your recovery process?
    How long until you could lift like before again?
    Did you lose gainz well recovering?
    How long did the pain last?

Any questions you can answer, or advice you may have is appreciated...

Specifically looking to hear from lifters and runners

Thanks,

Jesse <3

Hey!

So first it depends on whether they use mesh or not. But recovery is generally around 6-8 weeks before you'll be cleared to return to lifting. Light activity is usually ok after 1 week. But nothing that would increase intraabdominal pressure. You'll have some muscle atrophy but combat this with a good diet and once you get back in the gym, your gainz will return.

- Nurse Merry