What time do you weigh yourself??

Options
Throughout the day I my weight can vary from 2-10 lbs. Im wondering what time of the day should I weigh myself to get a correct weight?

Replies

• brisondav
    brisondav Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh first thing in the morning.
  • myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Its not about "Correct weight" per say. Just stay consistant so that you can see the trend over time. So I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I have gone to the washroom with no clothes on (as your clothes can change your weight depending on what you are wearing). If you check the same way over time, it is more accurate to see if you are losing weight.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning.
  • tsportygirl
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself multiple times in a day - - whatever time you weigh yourself, weigh yourself at the same time every day that you do your check-in. I used to so this and I vary a bunch throughout the day based on what food and drink I have throughout the day - - I believe that the morning is typically your lowest weight time.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    in the morning after you go to the bathroom before you eat anything.. get naked and step on the scale.
  • mariaprat18
    Options
    Its not about "Correct weight" per say. Just stay consistant so that you can see the trend over time. So I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I have gone to the washroom with no clothes on (as your clothes can change your weight depending on what you are wearing). If you check the same way over time, it is more accurate to see if you are losing weight.

I agree.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I weight first thing in the morning after "bathroom business" and I weigh naked. This will be the most accurate low weight of the day. Fluctuations due to eating and water intake/loss will not significantly affect weighing at this time.
  • gibsons
    gibsons Posts: 24
    Options
    Thursday mornings right before I step in the shower - before food/drink.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I was told to weigh first thing in the morning after emptying out your bladder. TMI? oops sorry.. :laugh:
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    in the morning after you go to the bathroom before you eat anything.. get naked and step on the scale.

This is how I do it too....Picturing it now, 100's of ppl getting nekkid standing ons scales........:blushing:
  • llamalizzy
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning right after I get up. I don't really think it matters as long as it is the same time.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't have scales at home that are anywhere near accurate, so I weigh myself on the mornings I go to the gym. it works because my breakfast tends to be the same each time, and my gym clothes are pretty much interchangeable, and I always wear the same trainers. Yes, I could get a lower number on the scale if I wore less, or didn't eat beforehand, but I'm not stripping off in the gym, nor am I going without breakfast just for a lower number. It's more about the consistency of when you weigh, than the time.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I do it in the morning after utilizing the latrine (LOL). Also, I don't weigh myself when its "that time" or the few days before. You ladies know what I mean. :wink:
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    In the morning. Plus, like everyone says, as long as you're consistent. and always use the same scale.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options

This is how I do it too....Picturing it now, 100's of ppl getting nekkid standing ons scales........:blushing:

hahahahaha totally
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I work 2 12's on the weekend- so my weigh in is Monday Morning. :)
  • delmore1
    delmore1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning before I've had anything to eat or drink and without any clothes on. Try to weigh yourself at the same time each time and you will get a more accurate number. Anything you eat or drink during the day will make a difference in what you weigh. Good luck!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning - after you use the bathroom, but before you eat or drink anything is most accurate from what I've read. :)
  • slheflinVA
    slheflinVA Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning before I shower. I don't think it really matters what time is "best" as long as you're consistent.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    In the morning after you hit the bathroom is a good time and also to make sure I'm getting a good read on my scale, I'll check it 2-3 times to be sure it's a consistent number. (mine's digital)