Too much fiber

Options
bwleung89
bwleung89 Posts: 55 Member
Is there anything wrong with going over my fiber limit by 5 or 10 grams?

Replies

• pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    No, your body just pushes it through. It can be better for you especially if you are eating a high protein diet
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Not that I am aware of. I go over by that much almost every day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No, your body just pushes it through. It can be better for you especially if you are eating a high protein diet

Haha, love that you said "pushes it through" I couldn't think of any tactful way to say that myself!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    No. If you're going too far over make sure you're getting a lot of water in.
  • bwleung89
    bwleung89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot, i was just worried because it is red when i go over.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    "pushes it through" hahaha I love that!

I go over my fiber by A LOT everyday. For some reason MFP sets it really low...it definitely won't hurt you if you go over 5-10 grams.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Actually, you should try to get 25 grams a day minimum. I don't know why MFP has it set so low.
  • gibsons
    gibsons Posts: 24
    Options
    I agree - and shoot for 20 - 25 grams/day. It's good for your health all the way around!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Actually, you should try to get 25 grams a day minimum. I don't know why MFP has it set so low.

I couldn't figure out why it was set so low either, so I just went in and changed mine to 25 grams.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

I couldn't figure out why it was set so low either, so I just went in and changed mine to 25 grams.

Excellent. :) I have mine set to 35! Fiber is your friend ;)