Lost some weight does my cal count change?

Options
So I have lost my first eight pounds and the month isn't over for me. Does my cal intake change? And how would I go about it?

Replies

• terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It does. When you enter your new weight the app should automatically update your calorie intake
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It doesn't automatically change. It will prompt you to if you haven't in 10 pounds lost. Just go to update your fitness profile and it will lower your goal.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    mfp will prompt you to recalculate your goals after a certain amount of weight lost if you are tracking your weight here--it seems that it was roughly every 10 lbs or so.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I check mine every 5 pound or so, but 10 pounds is also reasonable.

Heads up that if you have changed the macros from their default settings, that after you enter your current weight and save it you have to go and reset your macro percentages or they go back to the default. Bit of a pain.
  • LizComeBack086
    LizComeBack086 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The app will do it for you after awhile it will lwt you know!!! great job on the weightloss :)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like to manually set my calorie goals, so I would just visit my preferred TDEE calculator every 10lbs lost (or so) and manually change it to that value.
  • jariescandon
    jariescandon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was not expecting responses so quickly, but thank you all. I will wait till MFP prompts me to change my calorie intake.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was not expecting responses so quickly, but thank you all. I will wait till MFP prompts me to change my calorie intake.

I was going to say I've lost more than 10lbs recently, from Feb to now, and it hasn't prompted me at all. Could be because I'm heavier and have further to go, but I'd check it for yourself sometimes, don't rely on the app to do it for you.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I use MFP on the phone app. I enter all weight lose,be it 1lb or 3lb.
    I enter under goals(current weight) AND progress.
    This then automaticly re calulates my daily calorie allowance.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I set my original calorie goal manually. I've lost 23lbs and haven't gotten a prompt to change my goals so I think the app only for this for you if youre using their calculation.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I just updated my fitness goals, etc. Went from 1420 calories a day to 1200. This should make things interesting. :-)
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It never prompted me. I lost 20lbs before realizing that I should update it. Now I update every week and it usually subtracts 10kcals per pound that I lose.

I wouldn't wait for something that may or may not ever happen.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Mine has never done it automatically , I may be to impatient to wait for the prompt I can't say I've have kept track of how many pounds lost before I have done it. Just see what happens after you're 10lbs down. It could just be my phone, it won't let me look at ppl profiles or diaries either even when diaries are open but heho.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I don't find that MFP adjustments even make much of a dent because of fluctuations on both CI and CO. I may burn 300-400 more calories than planned or sometimes eat 300 less if my schedule gets nuts, so the original target doesn't mean so much. Of course if I was closer to goal, I would probably be a little tighter, but at 2 pounds per week my deficits are all over the map. They average about 1150 (not planned, I just sometimes miss in my estimates).

MFP does adjust every time I enter a new weight, which as about once a week give or take.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Mine automatically adjusted calories after a loss of a few pounds. But I was adjusting some other things, so it may have updated because of that.