Homemade Biscuits Nutrition info????

Options
fultzjaf
fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
Ok, I need help with how to put in homemade biscuits. I have no idea how much of anything they have in them. I see different kinds of homemade ones on here but I don't know which to choose. They are just made with flour and water, some type of grease (a little)and then their baked. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    measure the ingredients, put them into the recipe calculator and give them a serving size. that's the best way.

good luck
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I agree, use the recipe calculator. I have put several recipes in it, and it is a great tool.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Biscuits made with baking mix (Jiffy, Bisquick, etc.) are 81 calories each when made with whole milk. That would be 14 biscuits from a recipe.

2 Cups mix, 2/3 cup whole milk. - 14 biscuits.

When made with 2% milk, take 1 calorie away.
    When made with skim milk, take 3 calories away.

I think any basic biscuit recipe would be the same. The mixes have the shortening and baking soda already mixed in with the flour.

These mixes crack me up as a serving size is 1/4 cup - but it doesn't help much if you don't know how many biscuits 1/4 of a cup will make. At 130 calories a serving, I'm guessing that is about two biscuits but if you follow the recipe on the package, you can't reproduce their nutrition info. Made with whole milk, 1/4 cup of mix will feed 8.4 people two biscuits each.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    measure the ingredients, put them into the recipe calculator and give them a serving size. that's the best way.

Yep!