Any one Used Slimquick Protein Powder for Women?

Options
Seen a new Protein powder fpr Women called Slimquick. Thinking of getting it. Any one tried this had good results on weight loss with it?

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Just compare prices to other protein. They like to make extra money out of us by saying it's for women
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need a sustained calorie deficit, which means consistently eating less and/or move more than you do now, and do it for months and months. That is going to pose a challenge in itself, so don't make it more difficult than it has to be. Eat and move in a way that you see yourself able and willing to do for months, and not something that will make you go back to your old habits, or worse, as you get off the plan.

Any product aimed at women will be more expensive, by the way.

(And Slimquick sounds like something that has been around for decades. Anyway, the concept has.)
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need a sustained calorie deficit, which means consistently eating less and/or move more than you do now, and do it for months and months. That is going to pose a challenge in itself, so don't make it more difficult than it has to be. Eat and move in a way that you see yourself able and willing to do for months, and not something that will make you go back to your old habits, or worse, as you get off the plan.

Any product aimed at women will be more expensive, by the way.

(And Slimquick sounds like something that has been around for decades. Anyway, the concept has.)

Yeah I have been, I had a Diff protein powder that I was going to start and decided to go with this one instead to see how it does. Seeing anyone had tried it before on here!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well I know slimquick sells "diet" pills,the protein powder has green tea extract and taurine. basically and energy type drink.. it also totes that the green tea extract helps you lose 3x the amount of weight. which is bogus theres no scientific proof. I would just find a decent protein powder and go with that. or get enough protein from foods. a deficit is what causes weight loss,not a protein powder. protein is to help retain lean muscle. its not going to help you lose weight.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know it's overpriced protein. 1 Scoop is 60 calories, but only 10 grams of protein at $1.33 per serving. Most protein powders are 120 calories and 22-25 grams of protein per scoop. If you buy a 5LB container on MusclePharm protein you could half Scoop it to make it comparable, and end up paying 25-35cents a serving...

EATBIG10 for 10% off at bodybuilding.com
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    StormiLu wrote: »
    Seen a new Protein powder fpr Women called Slimquick. Thinking of getting it. Any one tried this had good results on weight loss with it?
    Yes I have it works good I am a senior I only use it every other day

• panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello, as others have said, eating at a deficit is what is needed for weightloss. With that said, I am currently using slimquick Vanilla for my protein shakes, it was on sale and I liked the macro profile for myself, so I decided to give it a try. I like to have them for breakfast because they are quick and easy and I can drink them on the way out the door. As far as this brand, I like it, and it tastes good.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    StormiLu wrote: »
    Seen a new Protein powder for Women called Slimquick. Thinking of getting it. Any one tried this had good results on weight loss with it?

Calorie deficit.

Eat less food for weight loss. Add protein shakes to supplement protein goals if needed. It's still going to come down to calories in vs. calories out. The shake doesn't change that.