Breaking Free from Emotional Eating - The book

Options
Hello

I wonder if anyone who has read this book could give me some advice as to whether or not it might help me if I read it.

I am currently at a healthy weight, (would like to lose a few more lbs but thats for vanity reasons and personal comfort rather than anything else) however I have terrible problems with binging. I generally binge myself to the point of feeling sick and then then next day being super strict to try to combat this. That means that I am not always eating a healthy balanced diet because its very high suger and fat foods one (or two or three) days...and then super strict very low calorie days to follow.

I wonder if you could tell me whether this book would be suitable to me because I would love to be able to have a long period of time where its ok for me to have the odd naughty snack without it sending me into a spiral of guilt and total binging where I dont recognise myself or have any idea why Im eating so much! My thinking is "oh Ive gone and blown it I might as well be really bad!"

Would this help someone like me to give me control back and stop this kind of thinking?

Replies

• healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't know the book but I know that there's no secret to a healthy lifestyle. Everything is common sense--live in moderation.

I can relate to your eating habits. If you don't restrict yourself heavily, you wouldn't have the urge to binge. Binge happens because we can't maintain our body and our taste buds on a highly restrictive diet where we eliminate many food groups. You would come to a break point and eat all the cakes in front of you. If you eat in moderation, take a bite of quality chocolate for instance, you will be much better off. Also, I think more positively when I tell myself, "I'm not on a diet. I'm changing my lifestyle." Hope that helps!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    I havent read the book either...but I can totally relate! I feel like I will be good one day and then get home from work and eat a HUGE ice cream (aka: the other night) and then 'punish' myself the next day by eating super low cals and working out! Definitely something I struggle with chica! I am totally going to add you as a friend and we can help eachother out!
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi @riascott ! I just started a book club for this book in MyFitnessPal Community Groups. I'll send you an invite if you're interested in joining!