What do you do when you have calories left

Options

Replies

• ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do? Eat more :D
    Completely your choice what, since you already hit the minimums. They arent "full", they arent maximums, they are supposed to be minimums, unless you have some medical reason you cant eat more of X thing. I usually eat dessert with whats left after dinner, but i dont hold that close to macros. Im still training myself just to eat at a lower amount than i was accustomed to. Sometimes i dont have time or am too full, then theoretically you can make them up on another day (bank them.) As long as it isnt too low, (mfp will chide you if you go below 1000 as a female) it shouldnt hurt to not eat if you dont want to.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    iv had 1800 calories left both of the past 2 days....i really hope my appetite comes back once i am not as active (friday) so i can eat all the suggested XD Refeed
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Either eat more or bank it for a little treat at the weekend
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Depends. Do you I feel like eating something? In that case I eat something. If I'm just wanting to plug the calorie hole without any specific desires, I bank them for another day when I might be need them more.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert (ha) but if I wasn't feeling hungry, I'd just bank them for later. I will always have a day here and there when I go over.
    This. Chalk it up as a W and carry on
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    lumenosis wrote: »
    What do you eat when you have a few hundred calories left (340 today) but your fiber, protein and fat are full?

If I am hungry, I eat. If not, I don't.

Same. Sometimes have a beer, but generally if not hungry, I just leave it.
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually bank calories so I can eat a donut or two on sundays
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    It depends, sometimes nothing, sometimes have a treat, sometimes eat some extra protein, and sometimes bank it for later.
  • Hthrbee1978
    Hthrbee1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you're full... then just leave them there. You are not a trash can to shovel food into just because you can. If I'm full and still have calories left, I will go for a walk.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you're full... then just leave them there. You are not a trash can to shovel food into just because you can. If I'm full and still have calories left, I will go for a walk.

Sometimes you need to shovel that food in to make calorie balance if extra calories are a common occurrence, and a walk would only increase the unused calories (not to be understood as discouraging walking, only to be aware of the numbers). It's also okay to eat when not hungry if that's what someone wants if they have extras lying around without being swayed by baseless moral judgements.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Wine. It's like you can see me right now.

Yup...wine
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bank the calories for drinking wine over the weekend!
  • lawsonsaysread
    lawsonsaysread Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Almonds
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Tough choice...

Chocolate or cheese...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I "save" them for another day and if I never use them, it's an extra oomph in my deficit.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm still at the point where I don't feel like I need to be eating back my exercise calories, and I prelog my day so that I'm meeting my protein goal and I tend to plan right up to my 1650 limit. Sometimes the day gets away from me and I'm too busy to eat the snacks I planned/brought with me. When that happens I save the snacks for another day and add something to dinner. Generally I just adjust portion size of what I was already going to eat, like last night I was able to double my portions of refried beans and sour cream for taco salad night and was super satisfied. I'm trying my best not to use empty calories but I know I will give in to special occasions from time to time. It's just easier not to have chocolate or ice cream on hand, and I don't drink alcohol on work nights. I'm summation, when I have extra calories I either have a little more dinner or just let them be/not worry about eating them.
  • don9992
    don9992 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sell them on eBay.

But seriously, if I don't feel like eating why would I stuff my face. MFP whines at me once in a while for not "eating enough calories" but I see no reason not to ignore it.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It depends on how hungry I am. If I'm feeling satisfied, I quit eating. If I'm hungry, I look to see what I'm missing and fill the void. It also depends on time of day. After 8? I go hungry.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I get a headache if I go much under my calories, so I'd probably have a little ice cream or something.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry I'll bank them for the weekend. If I'm still hungry, I find snacks to fill the amount that I have left without going over. Some favorites of mine are Halo Top Ice cream, Fudgcicles, fruit with whipped cream, or some chocolate!