Not losing weight or inches HELP

Options
I started working out 3 days a week for 40 minutes. I did that for 3 months. I am now working out 5 days a week for 30 minutes (HIIT). I have been working out for a year now. My starting weight was 220 I am now stuck at 182 for the past 3 months. I cart my meals, workouts and water intake on a different app. I consume 1300 - 1600 cal a day. Is there something I need to do differently to start losing inches and weight again. I starting to feel frustrated and I don't know what to do.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you have not lost weight in 3 months, you need to cut calories.
  • thischick25
    thischick25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You could also be at that point where you are building muscle, which is going to slow your weight loss and make your weight stagnate. Before you cut your calories any further, try making your workout more challenging by adding weights, or changing the nutrient balance of what you eat instead.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    harrisq958 wrote: »
    I consume 1300 - 1600 cal a day.

Since you're not losing, I'm guessing you're not actually eating that much. Probably more than that.

How are you tracking your calories? Are you weighing everything?
  • harrisq958
    harrisq958 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes I weight my meat but not my veggies.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Can you set your diary to public, please?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I'd suggest tightening up on logging or keep it the same but drop 100 calories from your daily goal.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

What kind of veggies do you eat and in what kind of quantities? i.e. do you eat a cup of carrots or a lb of potatoes with your meat? What about sauces? Condiments?

What about fruits?
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

That's not weighing everything.

And unless you eat meat and veggies ALL the time, there's a whole rest of the day of food there too.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I agree with others about tightening up your logging and start using a food scale for all solid food will help.