Need a narrow shoe for training but having difficulty finding such an animal!

Options
The title says it all; my feet are swimming in regular trainers and running shoes, and I was suggested to try a narrow.

The only problem is that narrow shoes are limited to running shoes on Zappos and are not cheap!

Does anyone have a resource for me? Amazon and shoebuy.com are no help.

Thank you !!!

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Try Inov-8 precision fit.
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    New Balance and Brooks make narrow fits. I can only find the fit I need in running shoe rather than a training shoe. For me all about the "heal lock" lace up.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    i'm assuming you're looking for lifting shoes. i was really tempted by this company when i suddenly decided i was in for squat shoes. but i was in WANTITNOW mode at the time, so i got adipowers from a brick and mortar place. my deadlift/ohp shoes right now are some brand called swiss, i think.

i have feet like a marshwiggle, if that helps you any. otoh, that company appealed to me because they won't even process your order unless you draw an outline of both feet and send it to them so they can find the right fit. that struck me as serious, so i still kind of regret my impatience. i have them tagged as the go-to for my next pair.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Try Inov-8 precision fit.

This was my first thought too
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good answers! thank you, all!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I wear Topo athletic - which are narrower in the heel...they have a more square toe-box which has reduced my sore toes on long training runs
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't lift weights as my workout - I spin 3 days a week, for which I wear cycling shoes fitted with spd cleats, and 3 days a week I take interval classes and do the elliptical. They have silly names like PureMuscle, Fully Loaded, Stacked, Metcon3 and Tabata.

I really need a training shoe, not a lifting shoe - but running shoes are OK too.
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The title says it all; my feet are swimming in regular trainers and running shoes, and I was suggested to try a narrow.

The only problem is that narrow shoes are limited to running shoes on Zappos and are not cheap!

Does anyone have a resource for me? Amazon and shoebuy.com are no help.

Thank you !!!

Walmart has good narrow shoes. I have wide feet so I have to buy my shoes in men's sizes. Very affordable.