Have you seen a difference in the way your body looks from when you started losing weight?

Options
If so, how much did you lose until you yourself noticed? I've lost 33lbs and don't really see a difference. I used to be 5'0" 172lbs and now I'm 5'1" 139lbs (Idk why but I grew an inch). Other people have noticed and complimented me but I myself don't really see it, even when I look at old pictures of myself which I don't really have many of. I'm aiming for 112-115lbs so I still have like 25lbs left and I'm just wondering if I'll notice the difference then. Will that last 25lbs make a big difference?

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I thought there was a difference after 10 pounds. After 15, I knew there was a difference.

Have you noticed a difference in clothing fit?
  • aldavid18
    aldavid18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Agree completely with above....me too :)
  • amandaj827
    amandaj827 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've always worn hoodies and sweatpants or leggings so I can't really tell. Some of my leggings definitely got looser but it's not that different
  • aldavid18
    aldavid18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Face and neck for me where also an easy see.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I noticed in my clothes before I was able to see it in pictures. I think it was around 10 pounds in clothes and around 20 in pics.
  • reichardtjessica
    reichardtjessica Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds so far and have felt it in clothes but don't see it myself. I noticed my clothes fit better.. Some fit looser.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I definitely started noticing a difference about 30 pounds in, particularly in how my clothes fit. As for now, there is no comparison. It is like the old me was a completely different person, someone I never should have allowed myself to become. That was 140 pounds ago. I am now 57% of what I used to weigh. That just seems crazy.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    amandaj827 wrote: »
    I've always worn hoodies and sweatpants or leggings so I can't really tell. Some of my leggings definitely got looser but it's not that different

I knew I'd lost weight before I could physically see the change because I had to buy smaller underwear...and that actually happened before I needed smaller jeans. Take progress photos every 10 lbs and take your measurements because even if you can't see it you can't argue with numbers.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I lost a pant size every 10lbs.... that was the most obvious. 30lbs DEFINITELY made a huge difference, enough that I got lots of kudos/congrats. SW 172 size 12 (...barely. probably a 14 in reality), maintenance weight: 140-142 size 6. I'm still a size 6 but 150 and things are tight so headed back down.

ETA: I'm 5'9 and you can see my progress photos in my profile.
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and pear shape. Lost just over 20 pounds so far and I can see changes in my jaw line, shoulders, and chest. I don't see a difference in my hips and waist, but it's there. Jeans I couldn't wear because they were too uncomfortable fit my hips great and loose on my waist. My swim suit I bought that was tight now fits great too. Hopefully in the next 10 pounds I can start to see it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference fairly quickly--within a few weeks--because my clothes got looser. I don't remember when I actually looked in the mirror and thought I had started looking different. Others noticed when I hit 30 something pounds lost.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    The only way I notice is my clothes and my friends. When I look in the mirror, I feel like I'm the same. I went for 160 at 5"8.5 in height to around 135. No noticeable difference in my head. I think it's just because we see ourself everyday
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I look more muscular, and my cheeks are more defined.

I don't have that weird depleted sickly look that I see many dieters get. I think it's because I weight lift and carb cycle, but I am not sure..