Nike Training app?

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
Just downloaded the Nike Training app on my iPhone. Anyone else have it? I haven't used it yet, but it seems awesome! There are tons of workouts on there for all levels. The app is beautifully designed and the photos are great. It is designed for interval workouts and has a voice that talks to you and counts down the seconds for each exercise. It also lets you play your own music while doing it which is a bonus.

Will try out a workout tonight and report back about how it was. :smile: Anyone else use it?

Replies

• adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i DON'T HAVE THAT NIKE APP BUT i DO HAVE THE NIKE + GPS RUNNIGN APP IT IS AWESOME! yOU CAN PLAY TAG WITH FRIENDS AND MAKE A GAME OUT OF RUNNING. LOVE IT!
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    i DON'T HAVE THAT NIKE APP BUT i DO HAVE THE NIKE + GPS RUNNIGN APP IT IS AWESOME! yOU CAN PLAY TAG WITH FRIENDS AND MAKE A GAME OUT OF RUNNING. LOVE IT!

Me too-- and comparing your friends' runs is ALMOST as good as running with a pal. They also have a Nike+ biking app, if that is more your thing. :)
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    I have had the App for over a year and I LOVE IT!!! I have recommended it to anyone who has an iphone or ipod and can download it.. the workouts are great and you will sweat alot, I also love the rewards they give you (extra workouts) for reaching exercise minutes, I just hit 540 min and opened up a new workout this week. Enjoy it.
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Me too-- and comparing your friends' runs is ALMOST as good as running with a pal. They also have a Nike+ biking app, if that is more your thing. :)

I thought about biking but I run with my dog and I don't know if she would be afraid of the bike or not. I agree comparing runs is fun and motivating in a competitive way!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I have had the App for over a year and I LOVE IT!!! I have recommended it to anyone who has an iphone or ipod and can download it.. the workouts are great and you will sweat alot, I also love the rewards they give you (extra workouts) for reaching exercise minutes, I just hit 540 min and opened up a new workout this week. Enjoy it.

What do you log the exercises as?
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I use Runkeeper app. It has a limited amount of workouts but its free and tracks distance, has intervals......
    I can never get the Nike GPS one to 'find' me to start (prob not using it right)
  • Seajolly
    Options
    The Nike Training app is free too. :smile:

I use the free version of RunKeeper as well to measure my distance while walking/running outdoors.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I did one of the exercises from the app last night and it was awesome! Super sore today, which is a good thing because I know it worked. And despite me working out at least 6-7 days a week, I did a Beginner level workout, so obviously I'm going to get a lot of use out of this app over time if a Beginner level workout has me this sore!
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options

What do you log the exercises as?

I log the workouts in as circuit training. some of the workouts you will use weights, or a medicine ball, or stability ball etc and you repeat the circuit twice.