Attic Shopping + "Unshopping"

Options
MB_Positif
MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
Major personal debate going on here. I just got some cute smaller clothes down from my attic....YAY! That said, to make room for them I tried on a bunch of stuff that's been hanging in my closet for the past few months. I was shocked to find out that none of them fit...they were HUGE!!! Pants that looked like I was trying to wear potato sacks! I am super happy. I started throwing them all into a pile for donation. Then my mind started working...it wasn't working in the way of "what if I gain weight again?" It was, "what if we decide to have another baby and I need these clothes for afterwards when Maternity clothes look ridiculous but nothing else fits?" So what's the opinion out there, even though my reason for keeping them is somewhat safe? I was thinking it would be smart to keep one pair of jeans, khakis and black pants. I just think it would actually be more damaging if I were to have another baby and then have to go out and buy big clothes again that are not maternity clothes. Am I making any sense? HELP!

Replies

• CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Like my favorite tv show ("What not to wear") would say.... dress for your body NOW! Dress to look great, and what fits, and get rid of the rest. If you DO get lucky enough to have another baby, just consider finding "new" after clothes part of the joy ! :)
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    GET RID OF THEM!!!! You earned it!.........That a big "what if" If you decide to have another child.

Best Wishes~Rhonda
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    If you think about it it's kind of pointless to keep clothes just in case you have another child. Would you keep aaaall the baby stuff too, just in case you have another? That would take up a ton of room. I know people tend to keep some expensive stuff maybe, like a cot and a pram, but for the sake of a pair of jeans or two... just get cheap ones from a supermarket if you need them in future! :) It's best not to have that "big stuff" in your wardrobe at all in my opinion, for the sake of a few pounds.
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Get rid of those clothes... think if you do have another baby your body will be diff you'll not be over weight you'll be pregnent and there are lots of lovely maty clothes out there xxx
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I totally have the same mindset as you do!!! I have decided that another baby is out of the question since I have a house full with 5 already...but I always think about if I were to gain back what i have lost...and so I have a box in my closet that I have put a few things in that are my favs. and will continue to do as I contiue to loose sizes...I think that this is reasonable for me, in the sense that it will remind me that I never want to get there again!!! And that I won't have to go and buy them again. :wink:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am very cheap! So I would keep them if I thought I would need them during/after maternity. I'm one that DOES keep ALL the baby stuff. But I KNOW we're having more...it's not a "what if". If you think it's likely, save them. If you think it's unlikely, get rid of them. I wore my maternity clothes (at least the pants) for a while afterwards. And I bought a belly band so I could wear my pre maternity pants unzipped. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    IF you're planning on having anothr baby, I say keep a pair or two, if storage isn't an issue (and since you'd stored your skinny clothes, I'm guessing it's not). If you don't have another, it'll still be fun to pull them out every so often and remember how far you've come.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!