Protein Powder without Artificial Sweetener

Options
Is there a good tasting protein powder for women that doesn't have any sort of artificial sweetener or Stevia in it? I would like to incorporate a protein shake into my "loosing weight, getting fit life" but I'm allergic to anything with artificial sweeteners or even Stevia.. i get bad stomach aches and headaches almost instantly. Any suggestions would be great! :)

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You can get natural/unflavoured powders. Anything with flavour is going to have a sweetener of some description

The obviously won't taste great, but it depends what you're trying to do with it?
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Unflavored Whey Isolate...I use isopure. You do Hafta mix it with something that has a taste, but it has no artificial sweeteners or stevia (which I why I chose it)
  • DannyYMi54321
    DannyYMi54321 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a guy, but I don't think protein is gender-specific in the real world, probably just in the advertising world. I second the Isopure unsweetened unflavored. I have a lot of stomach upset/gi upset and that one doesn't bother me. Neutral flavor, kind of like bland powdered nonfat dry milk or powdered fake coffee creamer flavor but more subtle.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Designer whey has one with nothing in it too,I usually just add fruit or unsweetened cocoa powder for flavor
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I like Garden of Life vanilla raw protein powder, I made my own protein bars with it, they came out delicious!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I like Garden of Life vanilla raw protein powder, I made my own protein bars with it, they came out delicious!

It's sweetened with stevia though...
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    You can get protein from other sources, and make protein shakes too. For example - ricotta cheese, cottage cheese and greek yogurt all are high in protein and make really good shakes when mixed with fruit . Like someone said - depends what you are trying to do with it. If just trying to get more protein in your diet - meat, eggs, etc works fine. Protein powders are only necessary if you are having a hard time getting protein through normal food means.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    ON whey protein isolate
  • AmandaA077
    AmandaA077 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you! I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds of fat, lower my BMI and tone up with some muscle definition.. Just the average girl trying to get in shape for her wedding in 6 months! :) My friend who is in great shape says i need to add a protein shake to my routine.. she said after my workouts. I am trying to not consume too much dairy outside of yogurt, not for any reason other than i notice i get acne from too much dairy. I would eat dairy all day every day if i could (ice cream and fro-yo are my weakness!)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    AmandaA077 wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! Thank you! I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds of fat, lower my BMI and tone up with some muscle definition.. Just the average girl trying to get in shape for her wedding in 6 months! :) My friend who is in great shape says i need to add a protein shake to my routine.. she said after my workouts. I am trying to not consume too much dairy outside of yogurt, not for any reason other than i notice i get acne from too much dairy. I would eat dairy all day every day if i could (ice cream and fro-yo are my weakness!)

If you don't get enough protein from food you can use a powder - you don't need to though. I try to use them as little as possible as I prefer to eat my cals!