For when you need a "treat"

Options
rahall14
rahall14 Posts: 10
OK so I am sure there must be a thread about this already, but what does everyone else eat when they just need something sweet?

I just discovered that a banana mashed up with a little natural peanut butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg is uh-mazing and while it is about 300kcal, there are no grains, chemicals, or added sugars!

Replies

• Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If you freeze a bannana and then put it in a food processor/ blender-- even better ( kind of like icecreamish)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    If you freeze a bannana and then put it in a food processor/ blender-- even better ( kind of like icecreamish)

I do this and add almonds for a bit of protein.

I also love fresh berries and some light whipped cream at this time of year. Fabulous! And all for about 75 calories, not a lot of sugar and only a couple of grams of fat.

I actually just went back to allowing myself a daily treat of 250 cals or less, but it has to fit in my calorie allowance.
  • csoul27
    csoul27 Posts: 53
    Options
    I've been taking the Yoplait whips yogurts and freezing them. Less fat and calories than ice cream.
  • anberlingasm
    anberlingasm Posts: 177
    Options
    I have a Cadbury Freddo bar, 95 cals and a great chocolate fix!
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    granola thins dark chocolate = 80 cal.
  • shel66216
    shel66216 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1.5 T Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter and about 7g of dark chocolate morsels melted in the microwave and spread on a toasted sandwich thin or Joseph's oat bran pita.