Yup! A trip to the doctor.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Physio or chiro
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Time. And then work on strengthening it so you are less likely to do it again in the future. My husband has pulled his several times and all a trip to the doctor results in is a bill and him telling my husband to take ibuprofen, use heat or ice, depending on what feels better and don't lay around; exercise gently in a way that will move the back but not hurt like taking a walk or doing gentle yoga. If my husband would consistently do some yoga he would probably not throw his back out. His doctor agrees with me. :wink:
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Agree, doc. Not something to mess with. Meantime check out hamstrings and glutes. Try a foam roller on both or gentle stretches.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Talk to a doctor. Check out Dr. Stuart MCgills work.
    Avoid random internet advice and chiropractors. You need to a medical professional.

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Exercising with a weight that doesnt break form if you can and make sure your form is pinpoint. If it is much too painful obviously work around the injury and possibly see a doctor if you feel it's needed.

I'm not a fan of stretching, but with muscle pulls it's a really good idea when your muscles are warm.