Hi Everyone, I need help!

I used to be super skinny, and when cheerleading was over my senior year of high school, I started to gain weight. Now I am 45 lbs heavier and I can't get it off. I eat healthy, I'm going to track my calorie intake, and try to cut back, and I do exercise about 5 times per week (just started a week ago though), but I actually gained a few lbs. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kar

Replies

• I used to be super skinny, and when cheerleading was over my senior year of high school, I started to gain weight. Now I am 45 lbs heavier and I can't get it off. I eat healthy, I'm going to track my calorie intake, and try to cut back, and I do exercise about 5 times per week (just started a week ago though), but I actually gained a few lbs. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Kar
  • raeokay
    raeokay Posts: 17 Member
    You're probably gaining muscle weight if you haven't worked out in a long time and started up again. It's wonderful that you eat healthy foods, and that's a great step. The goal now is to eat *less* of the healthy foods :) You sound really motivated and on the right track! I started using this site in June and I lost the 10 lbs I wanted with no real trouble.

*Don't get discouraged if the results seem slow; the slower you take it off, the longer it will stay off.*
  • Thanks for the tips. I just added my food intake and I am under the calories needed to loose weight, but I'm still not loosing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Nice to meet you.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    You can't expect your body to start shedding the pounds as soon as you start working out.

I've been on this site for 2 weeks and have lost 1 little pound.
    I see my body changing so much, my clothes fit loose but the scale is telling me different but I don't let it discourage me and you shouldn't either.
    Give it time and you'll see results.
  • crazed1more
    crazed1more Posts: 12 Member
    Remember that it's not just about weight, it's about how you feel, and getting healthy. You can't measure your success by the scale alone. You got this girl. Much luck to you on your journey. Of you would like add me as a friend, I would be more than happy to go this with you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Dude, this is 9 1/2 years old.