Disheartening

Options
It's really disheartening to look at my postpartum body and see the toll it took. (4weeks pp via c section). The weight is a minor thing for me as I've been a fitness junky my whole life I know I can lose it... but my stomach just looks gross. Not to much stretch marks but the loose skin. Hubby tells be I look awesome especially since I just had a baby, but he's been a toothpick all of his life, he doesn't get it. Just a rant I suppose. Needed to let it out.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but it was worth it. :)
  • goonybaby07
    goonybaby07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it. Was told the chances of me having a baby were slim to none, tried for two years. Just a hard pill to swallow after taking such good care of myself.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    I think it's normal for a lot of women to hate their post partum bodies.
    So you're not alone in feeling like this!
    But 4 weeks pp is way to early to be worrying!

Like someone else said it took 9 months to grow and it grew slowly.
    I'm 9m pp after a VB and I'd say I feel almost back to normal now.
    At 4 weeks pp your womb is still gonna be pretty big and will take time to shrink down again and stuff!

Try not to worry! It will get better x

Congrats on your baby too :)
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You grew a human being inside your mother kitten body. You are a freaking rock star.

That said, you're allowed to feel disheartened. Even disappointed and angry if you want to, because these changes have occurred to YOUR body. And it can be confronting. And your feelings are what they are.

Let yourself feel whatever you feel then decide if you're going to wallow in that or do what to know how to do to change things.

(Due to lifestyle changes my post 2 pregnancies body was way hotter than my pre baby body. I still felt shite when I looked at my saggy skin and leaky boobs in the first weeks post partum though!)
  • lnd0718
    lnd0718 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You're only 4 weeks postpartum? Don't judge just yet. Man, your body changes SO much in that first year. Especially if you are nursing, don't be so hard on yourself. Give yourself some time adjust to your new normal and then get back to it.
  • emhorn625
    emhorn625 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It also takes longer after a c-section. I had 3 of them.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! Please don't be so hard on yourself. I remember how that felt (although my daughter is now 7..) and hard as it may be...you just have to cut yourself some slack.

If you need support feel free to add me!

• freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Considering it took you 2 yrs and a slim chance to have your baby, stop and enjoy your miracle .... all else will fall into place as it should. Postpartum is beautiful
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had a section a month ago (14th March and ftm) and my belly is also still loose and empty. I often compare it to a deflated balloon. Try not to be too hard on yourself, your body (and mine) has done something totally amazing. It also took 9 months to gain the weight etc so will take that long to get back off. I also read somewhere that it takes 6-8 weeks for the uterus to shrink back so that will probably be contributing to the bloat (I still look pregnant lol). Try to relax about how your body looks and enjoy your baby, they grow so quick