So tired but want to meet my goals

Options
I am super tired today but want to meet my work out goals. I need motivation and maybe some alternative ideas. Was going to go to a 75 minute yoga class but now i just want to nap.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    If the yoga class really is too much, sometimes I find once I am there and doing it I feel better, go for a nice long walk.

Do something- while I was first losing, maintaining now, I had to commit to the time of my class, even if I couldn't make the class, was for exercise. I knew if I gave myself time off once I would do it more often.

I had never exercised, so it was important to me to build a good habit.

Cheers, h.
  • lnd0718
    lnd0718 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    find you a 30 min yoga video on youtube, then get into corpse pose in your bed.... and take that nap girl!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm usually more energetic AFTER my workout. Even when I walk in dead tired. Go do it!
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Is there anything else that you like to do for working out? I think it's a good idea to mix it up a little whenever you get a chance. Most of the time I run, but sometimes I try to get in a session with weights, swim, hike with a big heavy pack, or jump rope. Eventually I go back to running, but I try to keep it interesting. Also sometimes helpful and fun to try to make a workout out of things that you have to do anyway. Missing the lawn is a lot less tedious if I can think of it as a workout instead of just a chore.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Just go for a walk outside and get the body moving.
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just go for a walk outside and get the body moving.

"Great idea!", I say from my armchair.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Last night I got home after running errands and had 10 minutes to get dressed and go to my 8:15 martial arts class. No dinner, dog tired.... ate half a banana and went. Killed it, felt great, and slept like a dream.

Treat your workouts like ... work. It's just as important. You want to make it happen, so do it. You wouldn't roll back over and go to sleep instead of going to work would you?
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I find that days I just don't feel like it... I do it anyway and I've never once regretted it. It's yoga I think you will feel better about yourself if you get over the hurdle of getting out the door.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You'll be glad you made the effort :smile:
  • Momoyafah
    Momoyafah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the motivating words and ideas, everyone. I did not end up working out that day, but I also didn't beat myself up for it. I stuck to my calorie goals, and went to the gym bright and early the next morning.