Trying to lose 100 lbs or more?

Options
Any guys or gals out there trying to lose 100 lbs or more (or already on the journey)? Looking for some mutual motivation? I've got a long road ahead of me, and while the start has been strong, I am always open to having and helping more friends along the way! Send me a friend request if interested!

Replies

• Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I relate to you. I need to lose a minimum of 100 pounds. There are a lot of people here in the same category. I have also seen many success stories of people who have made it and that is so encouraging. you can do this! Good luck
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    :smile: I certainly need to, but I question myself all the time as to whether or not it is actually do-able. Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey (and I sent a friend request to you as well).
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I started this journey in June 2011 and I'm loving all the knowledge and experience I'm gaining along the way. All except for the two weeks I was in "starvation mode" :grumble: LOL... that still makes me laugh :laugh:

Friend me .. I have about 100+ to lose in total :happy:
  • Peekadoo
    Peekadoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've got 250 lbs to lose. I've lost 13 so far, but a long, long way to go.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    :smile: I certainly need to, but I question myself all the time as to whether or not it is actually do-able. Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey (and I sent a friend request to you as well).

I've seen it done .. and I KNOW I can do it.. YOU can do it too !! :wink:
  • texasdaughn
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've got 250 lbs to lose. I've lost 13 so far, but a long, long way to go.

You go girl!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Me!!
  • texasdaughn
    Options
    I would be happy with 100 pounds less! 130 lb. loss would be high school weight (that would be AWESOME)!
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Lots of us this site have 100 or more to lose...almost done with my first 100 and on to my next 100!

You can do this. One day at a time, one decision at a time. Eat healthy, follow the MFP calorie guidelines set for you, exercise, and keep a positive mind-set. The weight will come off!

Here's to your success!
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 130 lbs :flowerforyou: need to get rid of this evil twin i carry with me daily. after havin 8 kids i deserve it right? :love:
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm down 64 but have close to 100 yet to go. Let's do this!
  • Semioticghosts
    Semioticghosts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much 100 lbs to lose, and it's daunting. Only discovered this site some way into my efforts, but hey, here I go. Nice to see that there are others here.

I'm vast because I love food and eat too much of it, though mostly of a good diet. I'm also on cortical steroids periodically to help control flare-ups of an autoimmune condition. Sadly, they're the kind of steroids that make somebody build fat cells rather than muscle [...]

I think we need a 100+ badge to identify each other across a crowd. Alternatively, we could agree to wear bowler hats with a red rose button hole and a rolled up copy of the Times under our left arms? :)
  • Man_in_Motion
    Options
    Great response from the ladies! How about some guys? From one dude to another, it's time to MAN UP and make some real change!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I'm almost 1/2 way to my 145 goal.....I'll send you a request. Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • maz64
    maz64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a total of about 210lb to lose. I lost 70lb on my own then discovered myfitnesspal through my daughter, which has given me so much motivation to carry on. Its a long journey, and so nice to know others are sharing the journey :smile:
    weight loss in 3 weeks - 12lb whoop whoop!!!
  • VeggiePumpkin
    Options
    I'm new here and also have 100lbs to lose. I like that there's a thread just for us. I haven't posted much because I see everyone's profile picture and just think, "Hello Mr/Mrs. eating disorder... what are YOU doing here!" And they're like, "I so need to lose 15lbs!" Ugh. So thanks for that!

I'm making serious changes in my life to make this happen. I've been vegetarian for 6months, taking a tennis class 4 days a week for 8 weeks and last week cut out all junk/processed/fast food, soda and coffee. It's going really great! I'd like to know more people who are positive and in a similar boat. I'm not interested in fads, surgery or pills. Just a lot of hard work, determination and doing what's right for my body and my health! :happy:
  • VeggiePumpkin
    Options
    I have a total of about 210lb to lose. I lost 70lb on my own then discovered myfitnesspal through my daughter, which has given me so much motivation to carry on. Its a long journey, and so nice to know others are sharing the journey :smile:
    weight loss in 3 weeks - 12lb whoop whoop!!!

WOW! 70lbs is amazing! You have a lot to be proud of. You look pretty fantastic in your picture!