Breast Cancer scare :(

Options
I am a bit worried. I had my first mammogram this week, and now they have called me back in to have an ultrasound done. I'm trying not to worry about this, but I can't help it. I started googling the topic (which is probably not a good idea), but I found out that one sign is having an itchy breast. Well I have had times when my right breast has itched pretty bad. It is also my right breast that they want to do the ultrasound on. I don't have any drainage, but it does itch sometimes. Also, today my neighbor had a double mastectomy. I am sick with panic. My appointment is on Monday. If any of you have any advice on this subject I would love to hear from you.

Replies

• slimmerme2012
    Options
    No advice but I wish you the best of luck!!!!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    That can be quite scary. This happened to me as well, and it was a cyst that I had known about for years. The ultrasound confirmed that it was a cyst and not anything more serious. Cysts won't show up on the mammogram as they are fluid filled. But things that are fluid-filled show up very well on ultrasounds.

Hope this turns out to be the case for you as well! A cyst is an annoyance, but usually not dangerous.
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have no advice but i am so sorry you are going throught this. i hope everything works out ok for you.x