Looking for some motivation buddies!

Options
Hi yall! So I'm relatively new to this app, and while I log all my meals/snacks/exercises every day, I feel like sometimes it gets a little lonely on this thing. So I'm looking for some people who don't mind being friends to give and receive some daily motivation when needed! I think it really helps to be surrounded by people that are dealing with similar situations and who are working towards the same goals, and who doesn't love being cheered on?!

A little info about me: When I started out I weighed in at 209. Since starting my weight loss journey (a little over a week ago) I've lost 4 pounds! My long term goal is to lose 55-60 pounds. My short term goals are anywhere from 8-10 pounds (max) month. I have been focusing on a 95% organic diet with lots of fresh fruits and veggies paired with chicken and occasionally fish. I love helping people and seeing them succeed, so if you're in need of a motivation buddy just as much as I am, feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• Nickladon
    Nickladon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Those are some great goals to set. Im in the same boat as you. I have about 50lbs to lose as well. I just keeping telling myself to make one good choice at a time. It helps me not to get overwhelmed by what im trying to achieve. I hope this is some encouragement to you. I know all too well the struggle of trying to get more healthy.
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • rcrist_
    rcrist_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's not bad advice at all though! Baby steps are better than no steps at all :) And I've also noticed that when you set smaller goals for yourself to accomplish on your way to your bigger long-term goal, your more likely to succeed!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Out starting weight is similar. I'm down 28lbs and about the same left to lose. My diet is a bit different. I eat whatever as long as it stays within my calories. For me, I don't have the willpower to exclude one particular food. Good luck!
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started at 244 pounds and am down to 166. I have about 35 more to lose. You can do this! I'll add you!!