I need a healthy burger

Options
gmann1973
gmann1973 Posts: 247
My son loves hamburgers, I want something new and health, so let me see your best burgers recipes

Replies

• JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Turkey salsa burger! 4oz turkey combine with 2tablespoon salsa and cook. Then your choice of bread. I use.select wheat sandwhich thins. they are 100 calories. Depending on your turkey and salsa you get a burger around 280 calories with a lot of flavor!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    chicken breast burgers.. love em
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love Bubba Turkey Burgers with all the trimmings (no bun for me)
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Turkey burger for me mix a little barbecue sauce. Wonderful!
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    use lean ground turkey meat! He won't notice the different and its DELISH! I season mine up with a little Adobo seasoning and peeper and sometime stuff it with cheese! I'm not sure if he'll go for a wheat bun but try it! For yourself you and toast up 2 slices of Newmons Own low calorie bread (only 40 cals a slice!!) or the Arnolds rounds for only 100 calls!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Lean ground turkey
    1 egg
    diced onion (how ever much you like)
    low sodium Worchester sauce (maybe a few good dashes)
    1 cup crumbled up crackers (any kind)
    tsp. dry mustard
    pepper

Mush together and make burgers out of it. Similar to a meatloaf and so yummy as a burger.
    I sometimes add peppers or salsa or dijon mustard, etc.
    If your batch seems too dry to stick together well, you can add another egg.
  • atla_moves
    atla_moves Posts: 54
    Options
    Personally, I use 4 oz of lean grass-fed beef on a slimwich bun with only 1 tbsp of shredded cheese and loaded up with veggies. Nom.
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    I use a 94/6 lean beef pattie (130 calories) on a slim bagel or sandwich thin (110 calories) with light mayo (1tbsp = 35 calories), lettuce, tomato, ... you can even add bacon (kirkland 2 sliced 80 calories) and a little cheese, depending on the calories.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    We use buffalo meat here instead of beef. Turkey is yummy too!
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Nice Topic. Will have to take notes :love:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't get too creative with burgers. I buy the lean ground beef (92/8 or 90/10) or lean ground sirloin and then use the 100 calorie Whole Wheat and Flaxseed Sandwich Thins in place of a roll. I usually use a Laughing Cow cheese wedge (the Blue Cheese is great on a burger) to keep the fat down. It works better if you spread the cheese wedge on the Sandwich Thin than if you try to put it on the bruger itself in my experience.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love Bubba Turkey Burgers with all the trimmings (no bun for me)

Love Bubba Turkey Burgers! They are the best, I have them about once a week! Sometimes with no bun, sometimes with multi-grain sandwich thins. Great over a salad too!
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I use the 94/6 lean beef too. I don't eat out at fast food places and I love cheeseburgers so if I'm going to have one I'm making it real.
    I just do hamburger, cheese, home made mayo and no bun.

I've started using chicken burgers a lot lately and they are very yummy.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Chicken Burgers with Feta Cheese:

1lb Ground Chicken\
    1/4 c. Reduced Fat Feta Cheese (I buy Treasure Cove)
    1Tbsp of Hamburger seasoning (or whatever you like...)

Mix all together and make 4 oz patties...
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options