Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • Loze2Winn
    Loze2Winn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you bank unused calories for another day?
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on if you're hungry B)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I give them to my hungry friends.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Loze2Winn wrote: »
    How do you bank unused calories for another day?

Keep a note of them, then if there is a day when you feel like eating more, eat over your daily calorie budget by as many calories as you have banked if you wish.
  • wintersjourney94
    wintersjourney94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's enough for me to have 2 glasses of wine! Lol
  • skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    Eat chocolate

This is exactly the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Bank for the weekend or do a lighter workout one day on the weekend.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Wine. It's like you can see me right now.

Yup...wine

wine AND chocolate :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If you're full... then just leave them there. You are not a trash can to shovel food into just because you can. If I'm full and still have calories left, I will go for a walk.

Do not understand the logic.

Also, if having a piece of chocolate when I have calories left prevents me from going way over two days later because I'm going to binge on chocolate because I restricted myself too much, it's a pretty good trade off.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    If you're full... then just leave them there. You are not a trash can to shovel food into just because you can. If I'm full and still have calories left, I will go for a walk.

Do not understand the logic.

Also, if having a piece of chocolate when I have calories left prevents me from going way over two days later because I'm going to binge on chocolate because I restricted myself too much, it's a pretty good trade off.

If I want chocolate, I never wait to see if I have calories left. I eat it long before that. :p
  • caryll4
    caryll4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Can we bank them for another day
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's 340 calories, let it go. You don't have to eat right up to the 0-calories-left mark every day. In fact, given the inherent inaccuracies involved in counting calories, that's a very good way to put yourself into a surplus without realizing it.
  • lumenosis
    lumenosis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I wasn't so much worrying about eating the leftover calories. I never eat right up to zero, what I was really wondering is when you have a chunk of cals left but only space in sugar/carb macro spots.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    lumenosis wrote: »
    I wasn't so much worrying about eating the leftover calories. I never eat right up to zero, what I was really wondering is when you have a chunk of cals left but only space in sugar/carb macro spots.

'Space"? You know you don't have to eat EXACTLY to your percentages. I try to get in the protein primarily. Carbs if I need it (long bike ride / workout coming up). Otherwise I don't worry about it. If you are hungry, then eat what you want.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    If hungry, I eat. If not, I bank it for the future. I will eat them eventually. Some days I do a lot of exercise so have extra calories, but on the days I don't do as much, I can eat over my calories without worrying about it. Having excess calories left over is only a problem if it is consistently way too low and if you are ignoring hunger signals.
  • 8675mir
    8675mir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a cup of skim milk or a piece of fruit!
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    . It's also okay to eat when not hungry if that's what someone wants if they have extras lying around without being swayed by baseless moral judgements.

There's still the obvious fact that they need to lose some weight, no?

Eating per want and not need is usually what got people here in the first place.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    . It's also okay to eat when not hungry if that's what someone wants if they have extras lying around without being swayed by baseless moral judgements.

Eating per want and not need is usually what got people here in the first place.

Please note the "if they have extras lying around", meaning extra calories.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options

Please note the "if they have extras lying around", meaning extra calories.

I know it's extra calories. What I get at is the strategy to do with them.

I would save them for a need that likely comes soon. It always does. Eating just because I want, have extra lying around, is a bad strategy.