Scale troubles.. can someone help?

Options
I think my scale is failing or something. I just bought it in March. It's always reading "E" for Error. I don't know why.. for the last few days i have been getting fluctuating weights +/- 5-10lbs sometimes. Otherwise it reads E more than my actual weight. I am not even close to the limit on the scale so i know it isn't that. I tried switching the batteries to calibrate it but it's doing the same thing. What do you think?

Replies

• twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I think its toast.
    Probably need a new one.. walmart has some good ones.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would say it has met its scale maker.

I don't like digital scales. I find they fluctuate WAY more than analog style scales. I bought an analog scale after having all kinds of different readings on a digital one at the gym.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I had trouble with 2 of my Weight Watcher digital scales. I'm using a regular old non digital scale now. The only thing the digital scale does that this one doesn't do is give me weight to the 10th of a pounds. So what!!!
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    I have noticed it will do that if you're looking down at it while you're weighing, or if you're not standing on it right or if you even move your foot a little bit.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it is sitting properly? More than likely it is toast; get a new one. I bought my digital one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it is pretty accurate; it always matches the one at the docs office. Do tons of research to find the one that will works best for you. I preferred to try the scales in person, which bed bath and beyond has.
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Change the Batteries mine was saying that and I ended up changing the batteries and no problem at all:smile:
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Change the batteries and don't move once you have stepped on.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I always stand on it right... like outta 5x it might weigh me once. Maybe i will try changing the batteries once more before trashing it since it is 4 months old. I do have another scale i love but it usually does weigh me 2lbs heavier who likes seeing that? lol
  • susiekusie
    susiekusie Posts: 13
    Options
    Just a thought before you trash it, it may have a one-year warranty at Walmart.