Over eating

Options
I am over eating a lot. I try to eat clean but then I guess I crash and eat everything. So then I try to work out a lot, but with my eating habits it's no use. Any help to stop binge eating?

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Is it possible when you eat "clean" you are under-eating to a large extent?
  • cicalejo64
    cicalejo64 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I find that sometimes I just have to "ride out" my binge and then start over. But, also you may b feeling hungry if you're not getting enough calories and/or protein. My thirst sometimes masks as hunger, so I'm learning to go for the water first. (And I keep all temptation out of my pantry and fridge!)
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Don't try to make up for overeating. Treat each day like a new day. Do your best to stay within your goal for that day. Remember that if you overeat one day and then never overeat again your calorie deficit will make up for it eventually. There's no rush to make it up.

This user is right! :smile:
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    Don't try to make up for overeating. Treat each day like a new day. Do your best to stay within your goal for that day. Remember that if you overeat one day and then never overeat again your calorie deficit will make up for it eventually. There's no rush to make it up.

Great advice! :)
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't binge per se, but I do have days I go over....by a lot. I just keep moving along. I log the ugly truth of the matter and keep going. It honestly hasn't affected the scale for me because I'm under my calorie goals a few days a week. Have you noticed the scale trending up or down? If you're still moving down, brush it off, recognize what led to it and keep going :)
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you're consistently eating over your calorie goal, I think you should reasses whether your goal is appropriate. How many calories are you eating and how many pounds did you tell MFP that you want to lose? Your weight loss goals may be too aggressive which may be causing you to overeat.

If your goals are appropriate, it may be just a matter of changing what you eat. For me, some days it's easy to stick to my calorie goal. Other days I eat something too calorie dense in the morning and it's nearly impossible to stick to my goal. If there are certain days where you had no trouble sticking to your goal and felt full, you may want to look for patterns (ie, you ate a lot of fat or protein that day, or you ate a lot of small meals instead of big meals, etc.) Different people find different things satiating, so it's just a matter of experimenting with fat/protein/carb balance, meal size, meal timing, etc. to find what works for you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's not "but", it's "so". Restricting too much leads to loss of control. Remove "try" and "eat clean" and "a lot" from your vocabulary, and just do, and eat properly, and exercise moderately. When you do what you want, and start taking care of yourself, and stop forcing yourself inappropriately, the urges to binge should recede. But you have to want it. If you like the struggle and enjoy feeling sorry for yourself, there is nothing anybody can say or do to make you change your attitude. It has to come from within you.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

This is perfect. If I would have read this advice 10 years ago maybe I wouldn't still be fat.