My first NSV!

Options
I've always enjoyed running - its a challenge and it makes me feel good! But running in public scares me, I hate the jiggle factor! And, for the moment, I'm still a tad jiggly. I've recently started the couch-to-5k program, and I've been running outside in the full daylight (*gasp*), jiggles and all. Today I was running, and an older gentleman passed by me in a truck, gave me a thumbs up, and said "keep up the great work!" I LOVE IT!! Now THAT made me feel wonderful! I wish the whole world was that supportive!! :0)

Replies

• soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    wow that's awesome :) way to go girl!!!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I love people who support exercise! Keep on going!
  • Andeenero
    Andeenero Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You should pass it on!
    I walk everywhere instead of driving to keep in shape. I see people jogging past me everyday and I always cheer them on with a "You're doing great! Keep running! You can do it!" It makes them smile and me smile. Good stuff.
  • Ginial1479
    Ginial1479 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wow!!! AWESOME!!!
  • Camarasaurus145
    Options
    You should pass it on!
    I walk everywhere instead of driving to keep in shape. I see people jogging past me everyday and I always cheer them on with a "You're doing great! Keep running! You can do it!" It makes them smile and me smile. Good stuff.

That is an awesome idea! I will do that too!! Definitely good stuff!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Way to go Girl!!! You are brave... I still have lots of jiggly area but I just join a gym with my boyfriend. To be honest, I'm a little scared to go running on the treadmill....

Keep up the good work.

~A
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    you....are....freakin....amazing!!! and look at these other posts above mine, dont you feel so good inside? like heart-swelly-good? :) icant wait to meet you girl!!!
  • Camarasaurus145
    Options
    you....are....freakin....amazing!!! and look at these other posts above mine, dont you feel so good inside? like heart-swelly-good? :) icant wait to meet you girl!!!

aawww!!! It does!! :) I can't wait to meetcha too!!!
  • Camarasaurus145
    Options
    Way to go Girl!!! You are brave... I still have lots of jiggly area but I just join a gym with my boyfriend. To be honest, I'm a little scared to go running on the treadmill....

Keep up the good work.

~A

Oh gosh - I totally understand that. I bought a treadmill for my house so I could workout in the privacy of my own home with nobody watching. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that I am working out for ME, to make ME feel better! Not to impress by-passers. But you can do it! Running on the treadmill is a great place to start! :)
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    That is terrific!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Awwww! That's SO great! Maybe I will try running in public and see what happens...
  • tinkerbek
    tinkerbek Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    awww that is AWESOME Jackie!! I bet you were smiling from ear to ear!! yay for strangers giving props to people who deserve it! and you SO deserve it cos youve been kickin butt!! sorry i didnt get to ride with you today. next weekend will prolly be better, the boys are keeping me on my toes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!