Looking for 50 year old friends

Options
So - I just turned 50 (even as I type that, it doesn't seem quite real). I am back on the weight loss journey, hoping to lose 50 pounds. I have an office job, so my days are mostly spent at my desk. I am looking for similar friends for motivation and support.

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 56 (almost 57) and happy to support you. It is possible to lose weight and be healthy after 50. I know because I'm doing it! I'll send you a friend request!
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty, also work in office, feel free to friend me, Also check out "women over fifty" thread
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all.... I'm 51 almost 52 and would love to have friends around my age. I have 50 plus lbs I need to lose. I'm not sure how to add friends on here
  • pchance
    pchance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow 50 yo...I just turned 50 hmm 50..Yupp i did!! N I'm lovin it...I'm back on my journey yet again...in 2007 I weighed in at 320lbs...and my X husband introduced me to the infidelity diet...n it worked out great..I lost 100 lbs in 8 mos....(devastation and motivation)
    N in the past 3 yrs little by little it came back on...today I'm at 260lbs n no shame in sharing...
    Out wit the old in wit the new...A New Me better than before...that's my goal...so i no it can b done..we can do it!!!
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 in December 2016. I started this journey on 1/2/16 and by the time I arrived at my birthday where I turned 50 I had lost 160 Lbs. (Now 182) I still have 81 left to go so I will be here for a while. You are welcome to add me.
  • Joe_Cool_Part_Deux
    Joe_Cool_Part_Deux Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 and doing Great ! Anyone can add me !!
  • southheadstef
    southheadstef Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hallo... I was 50 in January. I have about 10 tp 20 pounds to lose, but they are hanging on grimly!
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 51. Feel free to send a request!
  • sandikimdavid
    sandikimdavid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 in August, loosing weight and working out, please feel free to send a request :)
  • mustafa_52_90
    mustafa_52_90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just ťurned 52 in March, am from the UK. Please send me a request if you want. I have no idea how to send one, lol.
  • sihiya
    sihiya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 51 and have 70 more lbs to lose. I need help. I am going on a cruise in 200 days and am afraid these hips won't fit in an airline seat. I find it hard to get to the gym when there are so many other things that need my attention
  • terrie79
    terrie79 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    "sigh" going to be 57 this May. Want to lose some lbs , I have a wedding this summer and going to clown camp. If any of you ladies would like to hang out via internet, may be we can encourage each
  • djtiger101
    djtiger101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I am 50 years young and looking for meal ideas and motivation I would like to lose 50 pounds. Please feel free to add me.
  • pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Almost 53 I have about 20 to lose please add me. Trying to get back on the wagon.
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm going to be 51 in June and am an office worker as well. I'm also looking to lose 50 lbs and am down 14 so far since January. Feel free to add me as a friend. No journey needs to be done alone. :)
  • ChevyChey
    ChevyChey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too!

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, down 103 lbs with a few more to go. Would love to have more friends my age.
  • abishop5117
    abishop5117 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just turned 50, need to lose about 10-15.
    how do you add friends.
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and working hard at losing 15 lbs. not easy! Using mfp and doing yoga which I areally enjoy. Joined a gym in February and was doing great going 3 xs per week but lately finding any excuse not to go. Maybe it's the weather, lol. Guess I need some friends. Add me please.