Need help with MFP Calorie limit!

Options
When I started using MFP I weighed 142.. I now weigh 125.. I really don't want to lose anymore weight, but the APP has not changed how many calories I can take in since I lost my first 10 lbs. I'm allowed 1240 calories a day, but if I keep eating just that I fear I will keep losing. I keep getting the message at the end of the day on MFP that if I continue to eat as I am I am going to weigh 118 in 5 weeks. Not what I desire!
How many calories can I eat in a day to maintain my current weight without dropping anymore? Why doesn't the APP change the calories you are allowed once you have gone past your goal?

I'm really confussed.

J

Replies

• MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump! I'd like to know too....
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Go into your goal settings and set it to " maintenance" instead of having a loss:)
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    not that sure like you as i have not got as far as you yet well done to you but will it let you change your settings that you put in at the start maybe if you put in zero weight to lose it will adjust your calorie intake accordingly.Not really sure just brainstorming good luck with maintaining and hope you solve your problem just took a quick look go to goals inupdate my profile and at the bottom there is an adjustment to maintain.Well now i know and so do you lol
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Go to your settings and change your goal to maintain your weight instead of lose weight. It should set your calories accordingly
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    You have to go into te settings and change your diet settings. You can change it to maintenance.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Did you change your goal to 'Maintein my current weight'?
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yep - what she said - change your goal to maintenance. I have mine set at lose .5 a week to maintain and keep me exercising!
  • jdeet
    jdeet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I didn't know abuot changing it to maintain! Will do that right now!

xoxo
    J
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    If you go into your goals section it should show you a daily deficit (did you set to lose 1 pound or 2 a pounds a week) kind of thing

I set mine for 2 pounds a week - so I need to eat 1760 calories a day as a base to lose 2 pounds a week
    If I want to maintain - I'd go back up to 2,760 calories.

1 pound a week is a deficit of 500 calories a day
    2 pounds a week - deficit of 1,000 a day

that make sense??
    C.J.

PS: don't forget - if you don't eat back your exercise calories - that will count as an additional deficit