Healthy Snacks

Options
jferris91
jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
Hey All,

What are some healthy snacks that you like? I am looking to find somethings I can buy for snacks at work. I am not sure what some of the best choices are. I am trying to avoid anything that would have to be refrigerated.. but I am open to all ideas :)

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Fruits, nuts, veggies, protein bars are all good.
  • bscroggins05
    bscroggins05 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheeae stick, banana or orange, or a 100 calorie pack of nuts.
  • rxaxn
    rxaxn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, nuts, veggie sticks, apples.

I'm just picking this 'healthy lifestyle' back up but I've found a few recipes for snacks that help with my cravings. Found these roasted chipotle bbq roasted almonds, that are really good, but expensive so I'm going to try to make them my self. There are tons of different roasted almond and chickpea recipes you can do yourself and is literally too easy and will last you longer then those tiny $5 dollar cans.

Or roasted and seasoned radish chips, or peas. Roast up a bunch of those and they'll last me a little while.

Also homemade oatmeal cookies, lots of good recipes. There's the one that calls for just bananas, quick oats, and whatever you want to flavor with, peanut butter, chocolate chips, raisins etc... I use monk fruit or coconut sugar to sweeten and bake. Or some that require more ingredients, just watch what goes in there an sub for lower calories if needed. Pinterest is full of recipes for these cookies.

We are a family that runs are barely home some days, and these are really quick and easy for me to do and lasts a while.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I love the Luna protein bars my favorite is chocolate salted caramel, grapes, peanuts, crackers, hummus and pita chips, strawberries, mandarins oranges, individually wrapped Oreos haha (not super healthy but fits into my goals!)
  • KortneM
    KortneM Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I personally like to measure out in the small snack sized bags raw almonds and raw peanuts. Other snacks I enjoy are sliced apple with peanut butter (portion control, I eat about 1tbsp of PB, a banana, an orange, and also fun sized candy or cookie snack bags. Hope this is helpful!
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I enjoy fiber one bars and I just discovered ones with protein which excited me. Also like cheese sticks, bananas, grapes and sometimes a serving of cheese crackers and dip them in peanut butter. Last week I took Cheerios and put sunflower oil and a packet of dry ranch dressing mix and baked them and measured out serving sizes. It was something salty to snack on that was a little healthier then chips, even my three year old son and my father enjoyed them.