Realistic Time-Line?

Options
Hi! My goal is to be able to hit 135lbs by the second week of October. I've got approx. 18 pounds to go, and I was wondering if this seemed like a realistic goal or am I expecting too much? When I originally started this in April, I weighed 186 lbs (my heaviest) so I assumed that if I can lose 33pds in about 4 months, 20ish pds would be okay in 3 months if I put my mind to it. I just want to do it as healthy as possible though. ^_^

Replies

• paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    If you REALLY want it, you can achieve it! That's what I was always taught.
    Just be careful & don't over do it, you know?

MFP is here for you if you fall off track.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's completely doable! It's about 1.5 per week, and I'd say that's a pretty healthy rate to lose it! Go get it!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you can do it!!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    That's completely doable! It's about 1.5 per week, and I'd say that's a pretty healthy rate to lose it! Go get it!
    I completely agree - anything 2 pounds or under a week should be obtainable - especially through a combo of exercise and calorie deficit :)

Well done on your loss to date that is really fantastic!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    That is about two pounds a week. You should be able to do that. You need to adjust your settings for a 2 pound per week loss to see if your calorie count changes.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    It seems possible but remember that the closest you get to your goal, the loss becomes slower. Don't beat yourself up if you don't get there, goals are only guidelines, they're not deadlines :)
  • RubyHearts
    RubyHearts Posts: 67
    Options
    You probably could do it, but keep in mind those last 10 pounds are tough!
  • kayp1
    kayp1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I go on my hols in 9 weeks and I'm aiming to lose another 14lbs...we'll do it together!
    Well done on your achievement so far!
  • LostGirl24
    Options
    Yeah, Im getting to that "slow down" point, held steady for almost a week at the same weight before I lost this most recent pound or so. :/ I've already got it set at the 2lb per week, with a 1200 calorie balance per day, and I work out when I can, typically 3 or 4 times a week due to work schedule. Is there any good suggestions for getting through the plateau?