Lost my mojo today and have eaten loads of chocolate to lift my mood and it hasn't worked

Options
Must push myself in the morning because exercise makes me feel better and I need as many feel good chemicals as I can get right now

Replies

• strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't want to stir the pot, but are you sure it hasn't worked? If it doesn't satisfy some subconscious need, I don't think you'd do it. Maybe by identifying what urge the chocolate is satisfying, you can put a finger on it next time you're confronted with it. Maybe in reading to much into it, but it can't hurt to ask yourself the question .
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    On a different note, this has happened to me in the past before too. I'm always convinced that eating a ton of chocolate or some other "not so healthy" food will make me feel better when I'm feeling emotional, etc.

When it doesn't, I remind myself of a couple of things.

1) Cravings mean something. For me in a lot of cases I've found it means I'm dehydrated or I need more fat in my diet.

2) I remind myself why I'm in this. My body is smarter than my brain sometimes and it's trying to tell me what it needs. I remind myself that my body wants to be fueled with good stuff, and chocolate in moderation isn't inherently bad, but four chocolate bars (guilty!) may be.

It's not the end of the world, if you want to exercise to help boost your mood that's great, but definitely don't use it as a punishment. Good luck!
  • Nomoregrainsjustgains
    Options
    Hi I got the chocolate because I felt a bit blue and under the weather. Didn't perk me up or make me feel any different. I've felt really tired today and now slightly guilty for eating 5 chocolate bars. Unusual for me to eat that much in one day, I usually prefer healthy snacks these days
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    One thing I've noticed is that I always notice the good deals on stuff when I have those cravings. "Three for one? How can I not feel good when I'm getting such a great deal. Sometimes I'll pay more for the smaller amount. It limits the portion, makes me think twice about whether I really want it, and allows me to scratch that itch without feeling guilty about it.
  • rxaxn
    rxaxn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We all have our down days, just don't let yourself feel guilty, learn from it. I'm trying to add more protein rich foods in my diet, and find better alternatives to my cravings. It's helping. Hope you have a nice workout!
  • Nomoregrainsjustgains
    Options
    Yes same. 3 dairy milk biscuit bars for 79p, a small easter chocolate bunny that was reduced down to a pound, meduim size bag of Malteesers for 50p and a normal size dairy milk on my way home. Felt I deserved them because I've felt bit low but it just made me feel worse afterwards. Thank you, Yes I'll defo learn from it I think, not worth feeling guilty afterwards. My body needs lots of tlc at mo, not to be pumped full of sugar