Chipotle Killer

Options
So I'm eating Chipotle tomorrow.. I always thought the burritos where fairly healthy..till I saw how many calories each one had. (about a thousand each) Are there any low calorie, high protein options at Chipotle?

Replies

• aprilaugustus
    Options
    The bowls! I enjoy eating there, I always get the bowl. & don't get any cheese, makes big diff. Have the guacamole on the side, to control how much you eat- if you like that topping. Get as much veggies as you can :) and sour-cream....you don't need extra cals.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    you can do the burrito bowl...but if you go to the website it lists all the calories and you can breakdown exactly what you want and know before you get there...good luck!
  • shopgirl192
    shopgirl192 Posts: 102
    Options
    So I'm eating Chipotle tomorrow.. I always thought the burritos where fairly healthy..till I saw how many calories each one had. (about a thousand each) Are there any low calorie, high protein options at Chipotle?

Burrito bowl? They are yummy (same as burrito but w/o the tortilla)..... get it with peppers and onions.
    Watch out for sodium - the rice is a killer!
  • LostGirl24
    Options
    I agree, go with the bowls. I used to think the same thing..some lean meats, veggies, health tortilla..what could it hurt...til I saw the nutrition fact. 0.0
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Burritos are never a safe bet at a Mexican type place!

Choose corn tortillas over flour, chicken or steak for tacos and avoid sour cream.

Here's their nutrition as well as their menu::
    http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx
    http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/menu.aspx
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Chipotle really is pretty healthy compared to any other mexican especially fast food. What makes it unhealthy is the serving sizes. I do the burrito bowl now but I ask for a second bowl so I can put half of it in before I start eating. Half a bowl really is enough for me and I have a another meal for the next day.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I always get a burrito bowl - chicken, rice, tomato salsa, sour cream and cheese, all for 580 calories!

To cut it down even more you could do a salad.
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    OR - eat half of the burrito. I have never been able to finish a whole burrito in one meal - even when starving. Those things are HUMUNGO - it's no wonder they're 1000 Cals!
  • doodledaze
    doodledaze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Here's a calcutar that I think is very helpful:

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

I always get a salad (easy lettuce, no dressing) with pinto beans, whatever meat I feel like, salsas, and guacamole. It's around 600 calories and SO worth it. If I take it home I add my own ff sour cream and it kind of makes a dressing with the guacamole. If not, the salsas and gucamole spread nicely so you don't need a dressing.