Advice on my food diary?

Options
spyro88
spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
I've filled in 3 days worth of food on my diary now, and would appreciate any friendly advice/ feedback from you guys about it!

I know my calories aren't as low as they could be but these are days when I have burned around 400 calories exercising so have eaten back some of those. Also I'm not going for the cutting out everything method as I don't think it's realistic so there are a couple of biscuits, low fat trifle etc. on there, but overall, what are your thoughts? Will I lose weight sticking to this and exercising? :)

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It looks good. Are you drink water? If not you need to be drinking at least 8 glasses a day.
  • missana221
    missana221 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think you are on the right path! And I am pretty sure you will lose weight! And I know you said that you dont want to cut everything out which I agree but be careful on sodium because If you eat to much of it you will hold water and not lose weight.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you can lose weight with what you are eating. You seem to be eating enough good stuff to counter-balance the other things that have fats and carbs in them. What I would suggest is to make sure you are drinking enough water to help flush out the extra sodium in your system. Any time you eat things that have higher fats or that are pre-packaged, they have higher sodium content.

Also, if you can try to reduce your soda intake, but if you have to have it, just increase your water intake... if you hate the way water tastes get some water flavor packets ... such as crystal light or the European equivalent...

I'd love to be friends... feel free to add me!

I also eat REAL food; I have two children and a husband to feed and I can't see myself fixing them REAL food and not eating it myself... but I find that the more I learn about food the better I am at keeping it heathier while still pleasing everyone.
  • jenc79
    jenc79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty good to me. Only things I'd suggest that help me are cutting the sugar in tea/coffee (but take it gradually so as not to notice) and that fizzy drinks tend to make me crave other sweet stuff which does add the calories.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Looks like a very solid start! The calorie deficit is bang on what I aim for myself, and it looks very sustainable with the way you are still giving yourself treats and keeping portions reasonable.

If I had any advice, it might be to gradually wean yourself off the daily Pepsi and replace a lot of that with water instead, but that will probably come on its own. I found it was hard to give up some of my daily sugars at first, but over time my sweet tooth has weakened and I crave them less.

Overall, it looks like a very solid approach and I'm sure you're going to see fantastic results! Welcome to MFP!!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It looks great. I like the way you log everything. The only problem I have is you need more water and less of all the other drinks. I refuse to use my calories on drinks, unless I go out to eat. Then I will splurg calories on sweet tea or an alchoholic beverage, but I always take a bottle of water with me everywhere I go. I do not leave the house with out it.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I think it looks good to me :o) definately think you'll start loosing weight. No harm in upping the water if you can. I rarely eat all my calories, even if i don't exercise, i've heard as long as you have 1200 it's ok.

Great start - feel free to add me too :o)
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I think it looks pretty good with the exception of your water intake, from the looks of your diary you don't drink any. And actually cutting out soda all together you could lose a decent amount of weight in a years time. I went from regular soda to diet and that cut a good 15 lbs. and now I have cut soda out pretty much all together with the occasional few every month, now it's either water or crystal light. Also if you drink 8-10 glasses a day that gets rid of extra water weight. Great start though!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the advice already :) I have started drinking more water, I always have a couple of 500ml bottles when I go to the gym and then 2-3 glasses later on (sometimes add no-sugar squash to it)... I just don't always get round to logging every glass.

I drink Pepsi Max which has no sugar (or sometimes other no-sugar soft drinks), I would find it hard to cut that out straight away I think but maybe a long-term health goal. I know it's still unhealthy even without the sugar, but I don't really see that as a weight loss goal.