Weights and muscles

Options
I've been doing a combo of light weights and cardio for my routine (PF 30 min express) and was wondering can I do the 30 min express for 2 days straight then rest for 1 day then do 2 days on again? Or......do I need to do the express 1 day on and 1 day off followed by 1 day on and 1 day off? I know your muscles need at least a day of rest also...what do I need to do?

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    it also depends on how hard you are actually working out. you said "light weights" you can probably light weights every day without a problem.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Of course you can.. why not
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Unlikely your muscles need a rest from that routine.
    If you aren't stressing your muscles ("light weights") then they don't need recovery.
    Feeling sore or fatigued will tell you if you actually need recovery time.

BTW - recovery doesn't have to mean rest.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Unlikely your muscles need a rest from that routine.
    If you aren't stressing your muscles ("light weights") then they don't need recovery.
    Feeling sore or fatigued will tell you if you actually need recovery time.

BTW - recovery doesn't have to mean rest.

What he said
  • sandeegriffin
    sandeegriffin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    What are your goals?

Lose weight....last time I did that routine and calorie counted I lost about 10 lbs
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    you can do it every day. I've gone to the gym 7x a week for the past 6 years now.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Light weights and cardio are not "progressive overload" and do not "cause micro-tears in muscles" which do not "need 1 gram protein per pound of body weight per day" to "repair muscles on rest days" for "gainz". So, go ahead and knock yourself out doing light weights and cardio as often as you like.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    What are your goals?

Lose weight....last time I did that routine and calorie counted I lost about 10 lbs

In that case just rest less and exercise more.