Breakfast

Options
Ok weight loss is the goal

Thought on overnight oats with some blueberries for breakfast with a small handful of walnuts ?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Does it fit in to your calorie goal for the day? Does it make you feel good? Does it satisfy you and satiate you?

One meal will not have an effect on health or weight loss (unless of course you eat over you calorie allowance in that one meal and keep eating...)

Personally, oats do nothing for my satiaty. I'd be hungry in minutes. I also don't really like oats. I also prefer to not eat breakfast as eating early makes me more hungry all day. So, I wouldn't eat your breakfast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    milesy1971 wrote: »
    Ok weight loss is the goal

Thought on overnight oats with some blueberries for breakfast with a small handful of walnuts ?

If you like it, and it fits your calories and macros for the day/week, then go for it.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats. I haven't added nuts yet because I like to keep my breakfast cals down a bit. But I finally found the right formula and it works for me. They're convenient filling and yummy.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I don't even "overnight" my cold oats anymore. I prefer the tougher texture, and have found that just soaking my oats for fifteen minutes before popping them in the freezer for an hour is more to my liking.

Breakfast this morning:
    120g rolled oats
    12 oz. unsweetened cashew milk
    37g mypro vanilla whey
    115g cut up apple
    1 tsp cinnamon

Obviously, this is a pretty big meal for most here, but it's a maintenance breakfast for me (right around 700 kcals). The quantities of each item can obviously be adjusted in either direction.
  • milesy1971
    milesy1971 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    120g of oats - that is a heavy breakfast
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    milesy1971 wrote: »
    120g of oats - that is a heavy breakfast

Not really outside of my norm. I lift in the mornings, so I tend to be breakfast heavy and dinner light, so to speak.

Like today, I'll have about 1500 kcals in me before 7:00 am, and only another 1350 by the time I go to sleep tonight.