Fitbit and MFP not talking today

Is anyone else experiencing problems with MFP not recognising /counting steps from their Fitbit today? I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting but still no success.

Replies

• lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    It happened to me yesterday for a while, but I haven't checked it today. My only solution to tech problems is to turn everything off, then restart. I even logged out of the apps and restarted my phone. I discovered the problem when I tried to log back on to MFP. The message was that it couldn't access their server to log me back in. I waited a few hours and checked again and everything worked again.
  • fozzy711
    fozzy711 Posts: 16 Member
    It happened to me earlier. I disconnected fitbit in the mfp app and also on the website, then reconnected it and it seems to be working now. I am almost to the point of just switching back to using fitbit for tracking food again but would hate to do that after recently adding so many new keto foods, meals and recipes to mfp.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    My Fitbit robbed me of a lot of credit from my tdee and wasn't synching yesterday. I don't know what happened :/
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Yep, Fitbit and MFP not talking today...manually adding all my exercise until it sorts itself out.
  • nickchristian3910
    nickchristian3910 Posts: 33 Member
    Same for me. Worked fine yesterday. MY pc and my other devices are all set to record steps. MFP problem.
  • fozzy711
    yep, same here. I give up (again) on mfp. back to tracking food directly in the fitbit app for me. I did this last year for a few months because of similar issues than gave mfp a try again and it worked great for the past 6 or so months but the syncing is too unreliable for me anymore. shame because mfp is generally easier and better for tracking food, meals, recipes but I need to know that my steps are counting against my calories reliably.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    It's happening to me also! Hopefully MFP and fitbit get over their lovers quarrel and start syncing again.
  • fozzy711
    I am still undecided if I want to switch back to fitbit for food tracking. I could just log the food in mfp as that seemed to be syncing over to fitbit, then use the fitbit for paying attention to cals in/out but I just remembered the reason I quit using MFP last year and it happened again the other day: if I enter a meal in mfp and later edit it (I do this often based on actual grams of food vs what I entered to see my macros before I made the actual meal) sometimes the meal summary in fitbit shows twice as the original and edited calories amount.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Happened end of yesterday and so far all of today for me.
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Mine won't sync with MFP either.
  • chief3202
    chief3202 Posts: 41 Member
    My Fitbit is down with mfp too. It erased all of my 12g steps and will not upload
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Fitbit liked one of its exes pics on ig and mfp is pissed. Let's let them have privacy while they work out their issues
  • cldb77
    cldb77 Posts: 33 Member
    Yup mine not syncing either. I hope it sorts itself soon
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Glad to see I'm not the only one having issues right now!
  • welshgirlhelen
    welshgirlhelen Posts: 27 Member
    same here hasn't logged any of my 12 thousand steps today. I always find my fitbit allows a lot
    less calories than MFP and I tend to use mfp to
    log my
    food rather than the fitbit
  • lumenosis
    lumenosis Posts: 66 Member
    My Garmin was not communicating very well yesterday
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Here too but I've been a sloth and ate like a pig today anyways so hope its back to normal tomorrow
  • RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Mine didn't work today either so nearly had a heart attack when I saw I was -700!! I disconnected the app from mfp then reconnected and now it's all fine again and I can exhale and not regret shovelling that Easter egg into my face
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    Happened end of yesterday and so far all of today for me.

Me too!