Happy Easter - I'm thinking 5000 calories today, and totally worth every bite

Options
panda4153
panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
Hi everyone!! I love Easter and my family is going to an Easter Brunch that is known to be simply amazing!! I am one of those on that in holidays I choose to eat as much as I want of whatever I want. I plan for it ahead of time to make sure it doesn't undo all of my hard work for the month and it's always totally worth it! I'm planning on 5000 calories today when it's all said and done. What is everyone else planning on??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's a normal day for me, food wise.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Easter is done here - I worked until 1pm, and we have no family, so it waa normal (but tasty) food, with a bit of chocolate included :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating close to my normal calorie goal of 1400 for Easter. Food for the day here is not different than I might eat most days except dessert. I am cutting my breakfast down to accommodate the dessert.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Easter isn't a major holiday in our family and I haven't had much of a craving for chocolate so it'll probably be a fairly normal day (with the inclusion of some dyed boiled eggs for snacks!).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just a Sunday here, only with ham for dinner
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoy your holiday! :)

We're not Christian and, while I don't mind appropriating holidays to join in on the fun, we don't do this one. I'll have the usual dark chocolate with my tea tonight, but that's it. If the kids even remember it's Easter before day's end, we might dye some eggs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    We celebrate Easter, but it's never been a hug feast holiday in my family...my mom is grilling a pork tenderloin, some roasted potatoes, and asparagus I believe. It's basically a pretty typical Sunday other than the candy for the kids and Easter Bunny stuff.
  • ILoveGoal
    ILoveGoal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter :)
  • LilacLion
    LilacLion Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Nice Healthy Brunch. Nothing tastes as good as Healthy feels.
  • Ridelikethewind1
    Ridelikethewind1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Your so naughty, but nice.
  • allisonl6
    allisonl6 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    LilacLion wrote: »
    Nice Healthy Brunch. Nothing tastes as good as Healthy feels.

I don't know, donuts are pretty fantastic....
  • shub99
    shub99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have finished with a total of just less than 3000 calories for todays easter indulgences, had a big rich family meal for lunch with cheesecake and ice cream deserts on top of hot cross buns and some chocolate for breakfast lol. Not too big a hit considering my tdee is 2962 calories a day, got a family birthday restaurant meal on tuesday as well. Damn its hard to follow a nutrition plan over easter in my household!!!
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm going to enjoy my dinner with family, just be mindful of portion sizes, and stop when getting full instead of over eating as usual. Family is mostly vegan, so lots of vegetable based foods, though there will be Turkey and ham for those who aren't vegan.

Not worried about calories for today. Thinking I might hit 4000 at the most. Will just resume my regular routine tomorrow and drink plenty of water to flush out all the extra sodium.
  • ellefox70
    ellefox70 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I had intended to hit it big today and get back on track tomorrow. But after a big roast lunch at my mum's I was too full for dessert and am still not even remotely hungry 7 hours later. So I've ended up only going about 40 cals over my usual 1200. Bit disappointed really, but I bought a slice of pie home which I intend to have tomorrow instead; have an action packed family day planned so it is also likely to fit. Happy Easter!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I had no idea people feasted so much on Easter. This is just a normal Sunday for me and my house.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Uh.. trying to keep it minimal (only because I have a procedure that requires fasting and clearing my system on Tuesday). I plan on eating a delicious bit of ham, green bean casserole and maybe one mochi ice cream treat.

Don't want to undo what work I've done by eating too much, especially if I just have to clear it out tonight and tomorrow. I also won't be able to rely on exercise tomorrow or possibly Tuesday to help me combat what I eat, so best not to overdo it.

I'm content with my ham and mochi for dinner, though. :P
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    For us it was Easter joined with my aunt's birthday so there were cupcakes, chocolate eggs, buffet food; all delicious but it encourages picking and I've overeaten a lot today but I also kept my breakfast and lunch as normal, ran 5k in the morning and didn't have a set evening meal when I realised how much picking I was doing and how hungry I wasn't.

Generally I only 'pig' out Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year, Birthdays and Easter. Most of my family birthdays are in winter so it's all part of the Christmas 'fluff' XD I'm at the point in my journey when it's the last few pounds of aesthetic weight so I don't stress too much because it's very rare that you'll gain a huge amount at these types of events past the standard couple of days water weight. I think I gained almost 2lbs at Christmas and I ate ALL the food. I'm not trying to encourage overeating but as long as it doesn't happen every week, a high calorie day isn't going to ruin your progress.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    My kids guard their chocolate eggs with their life so I went over a bit by going to breakfast which I don't really have but I did a lot of walking today so I'm in a good deficit even today. I'm saving myself for ribfest in July lol