What to take to family gathering?

Options
JenniferSchaffer1
JenniferSchaffer1 Posts: 69 Member
edited April 2017 in Recipes
So it's a holiday weekend what do you all to take to family get together's need ideas! I'm wanting something that's simple and easy to make that everyone will like side dishes, snack like foods, please post whatever you have. Thank you!

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Veggies and hummus or a yogurt based dip
    Fruit salad- http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pretty-fruit-salad/
    Broccoli rice cheddar casserole- https://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/03/broccoli-cheddar-casserole/
    Deviled eggs

• Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well, I start by taking the family first.

Cheese spreads, other dippy stuff, green bean casserole, or meatballs are easy and everyone likes them. Or if I'm pressed for time and being lazy I'll pull the "I'll bring drinks" card and just grab 2 liters.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is our typical side dish. A green veggie mix of asparagus spinach and peas. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/04/green-vegetable-medley.html

This is a great different twist on potato salad. Has both white potatoes, sweet potatoes and sour cream. I have used light sour cream or even yogurt and it is still great. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/04/two-potato-salad-with-sour-cream.html

Easter+Dinner+Plate.JPG
  • csowers2
    csowers2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could do homemade turkey meatballs, energy balls or assortment of fruits (veggies) and a light dip for some snacks. Balsamic roasted mushrooms, mashed sweet potatoes, lemon butter and garlic asparagus or baby potatoes and green bean combo for sides!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing some options for me, and hope everyone will enjoy. Fruit salad, hummus and veggies, tomato and cuke salad, steamed lemon asparagus, an angel food cake, and a turkey breast.(Lol, good thing we only live around the block from my MIL) I also made stuff, like rolls and a chocolate cake, that I'll pass on. Options, I need options, and I know if I don't bring them there won't be much I'll enjoy.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fruit kebabs. Most people, young and old alike, enjoy delicious ripe fruit on a stick.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I cut up 2 cantaloupe and 2 honeydew into chunks and brought them in 2 large bowls. Only 4 families at our Easter potluck, but all the fruit was eaten. (and there was a good amount of food left over). I was able to get a couple big scoops, actually filled up half my plate with fruit then small portions of other things. I also brought mashed potatoes but only had a small portion since I added plenty of butter and sour cream. =)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Usually rolls/bread, and dessert.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I brought a fruit based salsa to go along with my mom's Korean BBQ pork tenderloin.